totaly custom painted WC rig - Progress log

Soldato
OP
ha ha... well
im not going to say much, but its not dead... i just need to go out tomorrow and buy a new picture frame lol, as ive kinda ruined the perspex.

whween i started the drive it 'squeked' and i realised the spindle was stuck on the perspex, even afetr i checked the levels, it was touching within not even milimetres.

im gonna get a freesh piece of plastic tomorrow, and mount it on top of the old top, instead of under it.
again, im totaly not expecting the drive to work ! lol just fancied a quick go at what is considered 'modding taboo' lol

Soldato
OP
IVE DONE IT !!!! a succesful hard drive wondow mod !!!
i scrapped the drive that you see pics of for now, and i pulled out a more suitable western digital drive, whcih had a better top for modding.
window is on, drive works, and im playing music off it now !!
the downside?
its only 6GB lol

Soldato
OP
where can i host a video, recorded on my phone ? i can stick it on my PC when my brother gets back :D

im already planning to buy a cheapie 80 gig SATA drive, and mount it so you can see it ticking when you open the door on the front :D ( in the 5.25 bays )
although this would be a lot easier with a lappy HDD

Associate
R B CUSTOMS said:
VIDEO

forgot that i had a video recorder on my digi cam !!.
this is the disc at power up, it exciting at that point lol. that noise you here is my x1900 fan at 100% at start up lol

That looks awesome! Now, don't make me ruin my hard drives! :D

Soldato
OP
partsfini002ss4ix.jpg

partsfini003ss3sh.jpg

partsfini004ss5nz.jpg

partsfini005ss8up.jpg

partsfini006ss4cg.jpg

Any white specks and spots you see on the images are remainders of polish, the pump was a nightmare to polish so its still covered in the stuff lol !!
So, thats all the cpmonents for the rig done and dusted. my fave has to be the Maze, that thing looks like its been dip[ped in glass :D

the only thing thats holding me back is connections, a T and a Y ive lost my Y, and it was blue anyway :

Soldato
OP
Mark A said:
Looking excellent mate, love the hdd mod. What do you use to polish the paintwork?.

Mark

wellt theyre laquered in 2 pack laquer, then wet sanded down to remove and bits of dust, runs, imperfections or orange peel, with 2000 grit paper, then polished using G3 polish, which ive ran out of lol so im using 'autoglym paint restorer'

Back
Top Bottom