Just rigged up my new Akasa Eclipse-62

Soldato
First impressions:
Not as well built as my Lian Li but much more roomy and well thought out. My cables actually look tidy!
I also bought the optional side panel with 120mm fan but its very noisy and I'll probably replace it.

Soldato
Nice one, i love mine. Ive never tryed the sidepanel with fan but any 120mm fan is noisey @12v even ambers. Have you tryed running the fan @5v?.

Mark

Soldato
OP
Mark A said:
Nice one, i love mine. Ive never tryed the sidepanel with fan but any 120mm fan is noisey @12v even ambers. Have you tryed running the fan @5v?.

Mark
Ive fitted ambers on the front and back,they seem to be quieter. Im using the Akasa fan control junior to change the voltage. The side panel fan seems to vibrate but I think Im getting used to it already!

Soldato
OP
Yewen said:
Nice!

Got any pictures?

Just mess around with the fan, is it also on the fan controller?
sorry no pics. Oddly the motherboard idle temp has gone up from around 30-31 to 34-37, while the cpu temp idle has dropped from 37-39 to 32-34 !

Associate
I've got the advanced side panel on my new case and it's almost silent.

However the 120mm Ambers are both buzzing quite noisily. I've checked the mountings and they're tight and secure so it's not vibration against the case.

I don't have a fan controller and I don't know what voltage my fans are running at. :( How can I get this info and/or change the voltage? What difference (if any) will changing the voltage make to the fans' speed?

Associate
BillTheButcher said:
I've got the advanced side panel on my new case and it's almost silent.

However the 120mm Ambers are both buzzing quite noisily. I've checked the mountings and they're tight and secure so it's not vibration against the case.

I don't have a fan controller and I don't know what voltage my fans are running at. :( How can I get this info and/or change the voltage? What difference (if any) will changing the voltage make to the fans' speed?

Put some bicycle inner tube in between the fan edges and the case, this will reduce the buzzing noise. Your fans will be running at the default 12v. You can use a fan controller to adjust this downwards for less noise, or use the 7v or 5v mod to do the same thing.

Associate
Mikey1280 said:
Put some bicycle inner tube in between the fan edges and the case, this will reduce the buzzing noise. Your fans will be running at the default 12v. You can use a fan controller to adjust this downwards for less noise, or use the 7v or 5v mod to do the same thing.
Thanks for the info. :) I've recently had a puncture on my bike's front tyre so this will be a nice way of recycling some of the inner tube.

Back
Top Bottom