totaly custom painted WC rig - Progress log

Soldato
thats some REAL nice work there, awesome.

i'm just starting to get into airbrushing, a case will be my first piece to do properly. i'll be trying to keep it as simple as poss what with it my first real go ;)

Soldato
OP
Dead Dog said:
thats some REAL nice work there, awesome.

i'm just starting to get into airbrushing, a case will be my first piece to do properly. i'll be trying to keep it as simple as poss what with it my first real go ;)

cool ! good luck with it mate, i love the airbrush because its somtimes so forgiving. outside of my case is SLOWLY gettign done, just not eben doing it since ive been concentrating on the inside so much !

**EDIT**
~ painted drives work btw !! - oh ye of little faith :p ~
drives6lv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
i/we look forward to seeing the finished item, if the inside is anything to go by - we have a treat install
Paul Walters used to work at our place (he has now started his own business), i didn't even know he did airbrushing till near when he started on his own, i'm (V.slowly !) doing a beetle up, i asked him how to do flames, he showed me in about a minute, and i've been hooked on the idea of airbrushing ever since !, the only down side i have is my art work is PANTS!, paint - no worries (what i do), masking - no worries, but the art side of it :( , just means i'll have to be a tad selective about what i do :)
Paul showed us at work three photo albums of his work - jaw dropping - from that moment onwards i thought he was totally wasted at our place, so was well chuffed he got his own place.

Don
R B CUSTOMS said:
cool ! good luck with it mate, i love the airbrush because its somtimes so forgiving. outside of my case is SLOWLY gettign done, just not eben doing it since ive been concentrating on the inside so much !

**EDIT**
~ painted drives work btw !! - oh ye of little faith :p ~
drives6lv.jpg

Nice one... is there any reason that they wouldnt work painted??

Stelly

Soldato
OP
s96024 said:
Painting over the holes :/

yea, loads of people on other forums were telling me they wont work yada yada yada, because most discks have vents on top of em, well ive had a maxator appart and the lids are solid, to eb honest i dont know where the vents are on em :|

temps are begging to even out as the paste settles in but i have 2 of the worst 120mm fans possible they barly produce any cfm lol (standard ones that came with my case pre-volt modded)

graphics = idle at 37, load at 44
C P U = Idle at 38 load at 43 - 46

the temps WERE a lot worse though :|, the CPU was gettign up to 62 degrees lol, which is what the stock HSF does, but a remount fixxed that. and theres still the odd bit of air being released every now and then dont know what my room temperature is but its damn hot lol

i think im gonna go for some Akasa Ambers, theyre the right colour and seem to eb the best out of all the clear fans

if anyone else can reccomend a decent clear or red fan go for it, hight CFM, low noise is the brief. ive considdered the nexus fans, but theire CFM is jsut too low to egt the best out my black ice xtreme

Soldato
I wouldn't bother with ambers if you want decent cfm, they are quiet but I've never been impressed with the amount of air they push.

You're obviously a dab hand with a bit of paint so why don't you make your own, any colour you like??

That way you could use something like panaflo or papst?

Soldato
matt100 said:
I wouldn't bother with ambers if you want decent cfm, they are quiet but I've never been impressed with the amount of air they push.

You're obviously a dab hand with a bit of paint so why don't you make your own, any colour you like??

That way you could use something like panaflo or papst?
I second that idea, i replaced the stock fans in my 3D Aurora with Panaflo's and the temperature difference in this heat was quite amazing.

Stock fans:
GPU idle - 66
GPU load - 78

Panaflo fans:
GPU idle - 56
GPU load - 67

Definately paint some higher cfm fans and put them on a fan controller ;)

Soldato
OP
yea i can paint some fans for sure. but dont really wanna paitn the blades tbh, i love the look of the ambers. ive heard good things about both papst and panaflo though :D, so i wont turn em down yet.

id love to know what the stats are on these current fans, they are truly silent,
they apparently run at 932 RPM @ 12 V

heres a screenie of the temps, ignore the nooby circles lol it was to show a mate ;)

to be honest theyre nto that bad at idle, but i think with a heavy overclock the fans would be letting me down temperature wise
temps24cu.jpg

Wise Guy
Soldato
If The next screnie of that setup i see doesn't say 4ghz on it, i will hunt you down and kick you squarely up the ass!

Watch out when using that Ai Booster, it has a tendency to reset your Vcore to stock, even when you've set it to say, 1.6v in bios, by the time you've booted into windows and that thing has started up, it has reset your Vcore to stock, resulting in a very unstable overclock.

Soldato
Bundles said:
If The next screnie of that setup i see doesn't say 4ghz on it, i will hunt you down and kick you squarely up the ass!

Watch out when using that Ai Booster, it has a tendency to reset your Vcore to stock, even when you've set it to say, 1.6v in bios, by the time you've booted into windows and that thing has started up, it has reset your Vcore to stock, resulting in a very unstable overclock.

seconded on everything there, especially the ass kicking..

I didn't use AI booster for anything other than temp readings when I was using a P5AD2E with my 570J, bios for everything else..

Secondly those fans sound weird, 930rpm is very very slow for 12v

Finally, are you pushing air into the rad or pulling air through it? You'll probably get better results pulling, given its on the back of your case trhere's very little to stop you having a push/pull arrangement on both sides of the rad for optimal results, you can have your fans on super low then too.

Soldato
matt100 said:
seconded on everything there, especially the ass kicking..

I didn't use AI booster for anything other than temp readings when I was using a P5AD2E with my 570J, bios for everything else..

Secondly those fans sound weird, 930rpm is very very slow for 12v

Finally, are you pushing air into the rad or pulling air through it? You'll probably get better results pulling, given its on the back of your case trhere's very little to stop you having a push/pull arrangement on both sides of the rad for optimal results, you can have your fans on super low then too.
The fans are 1200rpm but they really are very slow and push hardly anything.

Soldato
OP
Bundles said:

4gig6on.jpg

i tried for 4.1 but windows wouldnt boot. what voltage is reccomended to stable it ?
i just nocked it back to 4.0

no using ai booster btw,. only for temps really

Associate
Drazic said:
1.55vcoreDo that and use clockgen in windows till it crashes then back off 10mhz and then dual prime her

Ehh, adjust it until it crashes during idle in windows, then back off 10mhz?? LOL, you're funny :D

Soldato
OP
possum said:
Have you done the side panels yet?
na not yet, one is almost done, just cannot get round to doing it to be honest !
i know as soon as i start to make make a finish ill just keep going til i get to the end though.
busy looking for drivig instructiors nd stuff at the moment lol

Back
Top Bottom