Dwain Chambers Losing Record From 1 January, 2002

Soldato
He has had all his performances from that date annulled by the IAAF, because of the drugs ban.

I agree with this decision, but you have to feel sorry for Christian Malcolm, Marlon Devonish and Darren Campbell who will lose the European golds they won in the 4x100m relay in 2002, they must be gutted and I think Dwain will have to watch himself in the future.

Dwain also loses his 9.87, European record equalling peformance, leaving Linford as the sole owner of that now.

Stupid idiot. :mad:

Caporegime
Not really a surprise considering he's not American. If he was American they would've just brushed it under the carpet like they did with Jerome Young. Jerome Young was caught cheating before the Sydney Olympics but was still allowed to compete after the Americans let him off. He was then caught out by the IAAF who threatened to take away the teams relay gold medals. The Americans took the IAAF to court and only Jerome Young lost his medal. This subject really makes my blood boil. Yes he was caught but why should the whole team suffer when others get away with it :mad:

Man of Honour
Yes, it's harsh on the rest of the team but then what can you do.

I know if I was in the team that had finished second, I'd be pretty peeved not to be awarded the gold if one of the other team was a drugs cheat.

I hope Mr Chambers can sleep at night knowing what he has done to his teammates who have worked their whole life to acheive their medals.

beh

beh

Associate
It does seem a shame as I don't believe they'll ever win anything else gold, and obviously they'll be annoyed about it, but who would want to keep a tainted medal?

And, I do think people are perhaps being overly harsh about Chambers. I think the guy made a mistake, he admitted it and for being so open about how long he'd been taking stuff he was punished further. He's served his 2 year ban and it'll still follow him for the rest of his life. What more can he do?

In the absence of any other decent UK sprinters, I know I'll be supporting him.

Back
Top Bottom