rooney's red card incident (video clip)

Soldato
I thought the word scum was banned around here?

I don't know why is blaming Ronaldo here. What exactly has he done wrong here? Ronney stood on a mans nuts and Ronaldo went over and told the ref that he had stamped on him. Now had Ronaldo stood on a set of English nuts and Rooney had gone and moaned to the ref and Ronaldo got sent off everyone would have said Rooney has to look out for England not Man utd etc etc. Other way Ronaldo is scum as he got his fellow man utd sent off.....I can't say I disagree with the first part of that sentance but I don't agree with the second part!

Why is it the English media is always looking for someone to blame? Forget about England playing rubbish and not deserving anything they always look to put the blame on certain players head. Seaman, Beckham, Southgate, Batty and even Shearer all have got unwarranted stick from the media. Sometimes they have a hard time accepting England weren't good enough so went out but then again being honest isn't gonna sell papers is it? ;)

Soldato
Jol: "Ronaldo is a disgrace to football"
I think Martin Jol hits the nail on the head there, as usual :D
'To lose in those circumstances was a disgrace. And the biggest disgrace of all was Cristiano Ronaldo,' wrote Jol in his column for The Sunday Times.

'The key incident in the game was Wayne Rooney's sending-off. It wasn't even a booking.

'When Rooney trampled on Ricardo Carvalho, he didn't do it on purpose. Before that he was being impeded and should have had a foul anyway. The referee blew his whistle and paused and was thinking of what to do when Ronaldo ran over and asked him to show a card. It's how Ronaldo always behaves, trying to influence referees, and it turns my stomach when players do that.

Man of Honour
'To lose in those circumstances was a disgrace. And the biggest disgrace of all was Cristiano Ronaldo,' wrote Jol in his column for The Sunday Times.

'The key incident in the game was Wayne Rooney's sending-off. It wasn't even a booking.

:D

Soldato
Gilly said:
England were a lot better than Portugal and there was no stamp.

I would say England were a lot better than portugal AFTER they went to 10 men. Before that I'd say portugal had a slight edge not much but a little as england werent keeping it as tight as they did with 10 men.

Mind you that was probably helped by portugal not playing an out and out striker for most of that time.

Man of Honour
ballistic said:
ok call it what you want but he stepped on his testicles
I never denied that he stepped on that area. The intent or lack thereof is the important bit.

Its just an unfortunate incident if he didn't do it on purpose, and I don't think he did.

You're making it sound like I'm arguing semantics when really I'm not. Intent is all-important. A stamp is intentional.

Permabanned
Gilly said:
I never denied that he stepped on that area. The intent or lack thereof is the important bit.

Its just an unfortunate incident if he didn't do it on purpose, and I don't think he did.

well ok, I'm not sure he did it on purpose either, only Rooney himself knows.

Soldato
Over the 2 hours I'd say England created the better chances but failed to take them that came back to haunt them with the penalties. As I've said on another forum its a horrid way to settle a game but other than flipping a coin (They used to do that long ago) its seen as giving the teams one last chance. Portugal grabbed that chance England didnt.

France will beat portugal and Germany with their 12th man in the centre circle will beat Italy.

Permabanned
He couldn't have possibly caught him in the jewels,intentional or not.The guy played on with no ill effect,that would not be something you could run off :eek:

Associate
Gilly said:
Football has never been non-contact.

Wow nice observation.

I love the way the media/people can never accept the ref's decision it makes me laugh the way they try and balme evrything except thier crap performance. Rooney clearly stampted on him it looks like the ref saw it anyway

Caporegime
Looks like we can argue about whether his stamp was intentional or not all day long till the cows come home. Simple fact is that he got sent off and my personal opinion is that FIFA instead of being the idiots that they are, should really be looking at Ronaldo's behaviour and pull him up on it. If they dont then its giving out the message that unsporting behaviour of that sort is ok.

I said the same thing when a German player did it to an opposing countrys player earlier on in this tourney...ie patted the refs back after they got a free kick or penalty...cant remember which match it was but again influencing the ref seems to be the done thing now.

Seriously FIFA needs to stop concentrating on Rooney, fine he got sent off...leave it at that...if they are going to make an example of him then best shove Figo in there as well for his headbutt in the last game as well.

As for that cheating little scumbag Ronaldo, i hope he gets what he deserves from the French...hopefully he might break a leg or 2:p.

Caporegime
<Tom> said:
Wow nice observation.

I love the way the media/people can never accept the ref's decision it makes me laugh the way they try and balme evrything except thier crap performance. Rooney clearly stampted on him it looks like the ref saw it anyway

We can't accept the decision, because it was dire. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say it was a 'clear stamp' is simply horse manure.

Soldato
Can't see that little greesy haired ninkumpoop having a good time in the premier league now. I suspect he will get some bad treatment from the majority of the Utd players and fans. Hopefully they will bin him and then we wont ever have to watch his cheating antics in the prem ever again! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom