Look What I Just Recieved in the Post!

Permabanned
Mint ones are hard to come by. I had one for a long time (Black Widow) and it was in awesome condition! A really nice case to work on too. I sold it though. I already owned a 201c SX2, which i still use as my main rig. I love that to bits and would never ever sell it. It is also in mint condition and has a side window on it. I also had a couple 201c SX1's. These were sold a very long time ago. I have probably had about 6 different 'Original' 'vintage' Coolermaster cases over the years and i have not seen any case surpass them for build quality and looks. If you see a mint one, snap it up!!

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Gorgeous case. I used to have a Black Widow, or as it seems, not a black widow as it was coolermaster, (although it did have ATCS branding all over it, as was as the CM branding).

Favourite case ever and will get another, hopefully, when I buy a full rig again (laptop ATM).

Associate
gr1mey said:
Where you got the idea that I payed silly money for a case I thought was something else rather confuses me tbh.

You’re confusing me :s nobody's said anything about silly money but now you have brought the subject up it makes me think you have paid a fair amount for it :rolleyes: tbh

gr1mey said:
so no, I am not "Gutted" as you put it, in the slightest, infact Im well happy.

I didnt say you was. You should be happy, its a lovely case.

Rick_Barnes said:
how much did you pay for it then?

Lol, i asked this earlier but he avoided the question...

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
With all this non black widow talk, were OCUK mis selling cases then? As when I bought my black widow, it had the top blow hole. It said black widow when sold. Oh well... if it's not a black widow (ie. not made by ATCS) why do they still carry the ATCS logo?

I no longer have mine ... great cases though.

Associate
OP
CaSh_MoNeY said:
Gutted....

Still a nice case tho mind

you deny it?

its none of your business how much I paid for it, and in any case I cant put a price on it, seeing as I bought a complete case full of components.
You were suggesting that Im a fool for buying the case under the assumption it was a Black Widow - when in fact I never knew about any of this dispute about whats one and whats not - I bought the case purely as a ATCS 201b-BXT, which is what was stated in the descritpion of the item - and is what I recieved.

You jumped to a conclusion there.

Associate
gr1mey said:
its none of your business how much I paid for it

Touchy subject eh :p

gr1mey said:
You were suggesting that Im a fool for buying the case under the assumption it was a Black Widow

Did i? where? dont understand how you came to that conclusion

If you dont want to tell us how much you paid for it, fair enough, its none of our business.

Soldato
OcUK can sell the goods the same as they do with the PC7+.

Guarantee a minimum spec (black widow) but ship the better blowhole version.

No idea why everyone is so fussed about the black widow name. :confused:

Associate
OP
not really touched about it at all - you just narc me off for your comment - you know what you said, and implied.

I aint bothering any more, you just turned my nice post about a case I bought and restored into potential flaming.

Soldato
Re-make the thread and I will get this one closed for you if you like. :)

Started with harib0 pointing out I made a mistake, so I think we should just blame everything on her. :D

Was a good debate mind, so not a total waste!

Associate
OP
back on topic.

Ive kinda come to the decision that Im going to make a radbox, to sit under the 201b, it will house a 120.3 rad, with a black aquacomputer grill, a pump and res, Im not decided on specifics yet.

Maybe an Aquaextreme 50z
Thermochill PA120.3
not sure about res, I did think about externally mounting a tube res on the opposite side to the rad, that might be cool...

I also plan to plumb the whole thing in 15mm copper pipe...I will route the pipes from the back of the radbox, up the back of the case, and inside via either 2 15mm holes above the 80mm rear fan, or maybe through a PCI slot - not quite sure yet.

Gonna try and make a start on the radbox maybe this weekend, once Ive decided what components are going inside.

It will be made out of MDF and either heavily sprayed, or maybe coated with sticky back plastic to get the high gloss black finish.

pics will be posted once Im up and running on the project - although a Project Log forum would be cool! :)

Soldato
We have a project log sticky ready to go, once people start logging!

Just email me them or any pre-project log or prerparation info and I will post it up. :)

Permabanned
grimey, you have an awesome case! Really lovely. Just fill it with components and keep on lovin it. Pure quality with or without a blowhole at the top. Enjoy mate.

Associate
Yewen said:
Re-make the thread and I will get this one closed for you if you like. :)

Started with harib0 pointing out I made a mistake, so I think we should just blame everything on her. :D

Was a good debate mind, so not a total waste!

Yep it was my fault totally - and i'm very sorry for derailing your thread gr1mey - i have already asked a don to split the thread up so that you can have your original thread back and all the "black widow" stuff be moved to it's own thread

Apologies once again gr1mey

Associate
gr1mey said:
Ive kinda come to the decision that Im going to make a radbox, to sit under the 201b, it will house a 120.3 rad, with a black aquacomputer grill, a pump and res, Im not decided on specifics yet.

wise move, as a hole in the bottom of the case wouln't reduce the resale value anywhere near as much as a hole anywhere else

Permabanned
Harib0 said:
wise move, as a hole in the bottom of the case wouln't reduce the resale value anywhere near as much as a hole anywhere else

If you are going to make a hole in the case, dont! Think carefully mate. I would never destroy a 'Vintage' Coolermaster. Choose another case for cutting up.

Associate
monkeybutt said:
If you are going to make a hole in the case, dont! Think carefully mate. I would never destroy a 'Vintage' Coolermaster. Choose another case for cutting up.

There will need to be a hole somewhere for water cooling, i don't think the tubes will fit through the PCI slots- maybe wrong as i no nothing about water cooling, but a hole in the bottom of the case or indeed the back wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as putting a rad on top of the case - rads on top of cases tend to mark them have seen many 201s with almost scorch like marks, which i assume come from rads sitting on top

Back
Top Bottom