Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial?

Associate
Are you a member at the moment? It will be the full 60,000 capacity for ths match and silver and junior gunner members who send their renewals back before a certain date are guaranteed a ticket. After these members it will go down the normal silver, red and general sale process.

Soldato
bungler said:
Are you a member at the moment? It will be the full 60,000 capacity for ths match and silver and junior gunner members who send their renewals back before a certain date are guaranteed a ticket. After these members it will go down the normal silver, red and general sale process.

I didn't think it would be, I read it would only be 40k because of the safety certificates?

With it being in July I don't think there will be a problem as lots of people will still be on holiday.

Associate
Gooner14 said:
I didn't think it would be, I read it would only be 40k because of the safety certificates?

With it being in July I don't think there will be a problem as lots of people will still be on holiday.

People on the official forums have been told it's the full 60,000 for a while now (not sure if officially announced yet or not). They were unsure of the membership requirements (apart from the silver and jg getting confirmed tickets for renewing early as my sister had the letter last week) but someone went today to pick their season ticket seat and was told it would be normal silver then red then gs.

Soldato
Missed the first half dues to being up for 24 hours but caught the rest and it was a great send off for Bergkamp a true Arsenal legend!

Man of Honour
Best players for us were Cygan, Grimandi and Overmars. Was really good to see him running at people again, shame he had to retire quite young (although not as bad as Van Basten). People (except Jazz) might be suprised to hear that I always rated him above Pires who effectively replaced him in the team.

New stadium looks good and hopefully I can get to a few games this year.

Three genuine legends have retired this summer: Bergkamp, Zidane and Shearer. Thinking about it also means that our entire squad is made up of Wenger Buys now, all the hand-me-downs are gone :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazing:)

Great Stadium, Great Away fans, a Great day. To see perhaps the 3 greatest Dutch players ever on the same field was great. Good too see so many players turn up. Vieira, Overmars, Edu, Dixon, Bould, Keown, Wright and Henry.

Ashburton is amazing.

Thank you Dennis Bergkamp, a true legend.

Soldato
What would you like to know?

The food is over priced, as is the beer! Huge comfy (with padding!!) seats, Good leg room, I was sitting in the lower tier and had a great view. The Screens are great too, and you can actually hear the tanoy! The pitch loooks better than Highbury!

It truly is an awesome sight when you walk up to it. I think my jaw may still be on the floor. You will not be disappointed :)

The club really have done us proud.

Soldato
We didn't go up to the upper tier but will be. The only problem I'm aware of in the upper tier is you can't see the screens in some places.

It's better than the Millenium stadium, thats how good it is:)

Soldato
I was in the north upper and had no problems with the screen, view is amazing.

Only thing i thought was that the food and drink prices are crazy, but people will pay it so not much you can say about that.

I thought Song played ok, he got some duff passes which made him look bad instead of the guy who gave it to him. For me the best player of the first half was ryan smith.

Second half was great, Van Basten has still got it, some of his touches were excellent. Overmars was quality as well, was great to see paddy get a good cheer.

Best part for me was when Davids was clear through on goal and Grimandi took him out, then the resuting penalty miss made it perfect :D

Back
Top Bottom