Manchester United: Frustration

Soldato
I'm getting severely peed off with Fergies inability to get any signings in yet. He's missing the boat. We need a striker (if Ruud goes) and one attacking and one defensive midfielder. Whatever happened to Mascherano? I'm surprised no one has snapped him up.

Don't forget, Celtic v Man Utd on C5 at 7.30pm tonight. I wonder if Ruud will be playing? :p

Soldato
Confusion said:
Apparently Fergie isnt desperate for signings, if i was a ManYoo fan, id be. The guy sounds more and more senile every comment.
If that's something he is on record as saying; then it's just to try and fool people into thinking that United won't pay an arm and a leg for players...

Not that it will work mind.

Permabanned
Man U signing Carrick for anything over 10m (although even that is too much IMO) would be pure idiocy. When I saw the rumoured 17m they are going to pay I almost punched a kid.

Jesus christ, he really isn't even that good. Against Belarus, not only Belarus but a severly weakened Belarus side, Carrick gave the ball away about 10 times in 5 minutes! 10 TIMES IN 5 MINUTES! It takes Makelele 5 seasons to give the ball away that many times.

Ridiculous.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
I'm getting severely peed off with Fergies inability to get any signings in yet. He's missing the boat. We need a striker (if Ruud goes) and one attacking and one defensive midfielder. Whatever happened to Mascherano? I'm surprised no one has snapped him up.

I am also bewildered at this, i just don't feel that Fergie is trying hard enough to sign anyone, although i could be very wrong. :confused: Oh and also i don't think Paul Scholes returning to fitness will solve our our midfield problem, we need reinforcments fast with our ageing squad things are not looking good really..

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
My prophecy was right :( I never wanted to hear these ******* words....

He's seriously lost the plot. We really do need to improve the 1st team and not just the squad.

I think the only reason we finished 2nd last year is because we got knocked out of the Champions League in January. Finishing 2nd flattered us.

Soldato
OP
back after a week in majorca and i really expected us to have signed someone by the time i got back. Unless we pay over the odds for Carrick we won't be signing anyone by the looks of it.

Soldato
gam3r said:
I am also bewildered at this, i just don't feel that Fergie is trying hard enough to sign anyone, although i could be very wrong. :confused: Oh and also i don't think Paul Scholes returning to fitness will solve our our midfield problem, we need reinforcments fast with our ageing squad things are not looking good really..

There is a good chance that Mascherano along with Tevez will be bought by someone. Corinthians slipped to the bottom of the Brazilian Serie A. Tevez has already been quoted as saying he wants out if things continue as they are. Im sure Mascherano would follow suit if they are relegated or fail to qualify for the Copa Libertadores for the coming season whihc is looking increasing unlikely by the game

Caporegime
why would we bother with tevez? he isnt anything that rooney is not. too similar imo to be worth it.

we need a midfield, anyone in the country can see this. fergie is incapable of bringing onboard the right players to cover this position.

just look at all the midfield movements of late, we have totally missed the boat. id even accept Sivok at this moment!

(what was that maniche guy for portugal who scored loads for portsmouth or something, he would be better than our current lot)

Permabanned
Nickg said:
(what was that maniche guy for portugal who scored loads for portsmouth or something, he would be better than our current lot)

he always looks good in major tournaments for portugal, but in the premiership last season he just looked like a fat, lazy guy who couldn't give a crap

Soldato
OP
Tony Soprano said:
I think Ferguson is going to get sacked if he doesn't strengthen the squad by the end of the summer.

No chance, he's not going to get sacked before any results backup the claim that the team he starts the season with will be a failure. I still believe we'll finish 2nd comfortably if we dont get any injuries.

Permabanned
Nickg said:
why would we bother with tevez? he isnt anything that rooney is not. too similar imo to be worth it.

This kind of thing grates on me more than anything else. The reasoning is bizarre.

I mean, would you turn down two Henry's upfront? A Ronaldinho on each wing? Of course you wouldn't.

It's like people saying Hleb and Rosicky can't play at the same time for Arsenal because they are "too similar". It's rubbish. They are similar in some areas but ultimately they are great players and I think they could be deadly on the wings for Arsenal at the same time.

Soldato
arsenals midfield will be very lightweight next season, on Gilberto will be the only physical player in the midfield, plenty of pace though!

Permabanned
Yeah, we are going to get bullied again. I am pretty sure Wenger isn't going to bring anyone else in, which is ridiculous.

Soldato
thats what i think too, Arsenal will come up short on the road again and will get bruised off the park by the likes of Blackburn, Chelski and those other very physical sides.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
I think the only reason we finished 2nd last year is because we got knocked out of the Champions League in January. Finishing 2nd flattered us.

Worryingly plausible.

Surely if Fergie fails to bring in any players this season, and then wins nothing he has to get the axe?

I'm interested to see how we play tonight now...

Back
Top Bottom