Focus ST, help with colours and ipods please!

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
FFS.. what the hell am I doing with a bright yellow car?
Would you not think the same with stripes?

Anyway on the ipod front, the st2/3 come with a socket to plug in an ipod, no control from the radio mind.

But the pioneer units (55bt and 75bt?) offer decent ipod control and have bluetooth to boot so you can use your phone too, the alpine unit offers ipod control but its slow and unresponsive, i believe you can get a facia plate adapter for the focus aswell now.Std sony unit was nice in the demo car i had tbh.

Soldato
OP
Tinders said:
Would you not think the same with stripes?

Anyway on the ipod front, the st2/3 come with a socket to plug in an ipod, no control from the radio mind.

But the pioneer units (55bt and 75bt?) offer decent ipod control and have bluetooth to boot so you can use your phone too, the alpine unit offers ipod control but its slow and unresponsive, i believe you can get a facia plate adapter for the focus aswell now.Std sony unit was nice in the demo car i had tbh.

no I think stripes are about the limit of stuff that would actually cheer me up rather than annoying me like orange or yellow.

I didn't think the ST came with the ipod port? The chap at ford seemed to think not?

Anyone ever used on of these bluetooth stereos? Are they any cop?

Permabanned
Performance blue is the best colour (but im a touch biased), but not with stripes, not my cup of tea but i think white looks bearable with the stripes.

See here for a PB car in all its glory :D http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17606165.

As for stereo, the sony unit as std is pretty damn good, actually its the best std fit stereo i have come across, and that includes some bmw`s! but all you can do in terms of ipod is connect it via the aux in, the harmon kardon drive and play kit looks very good , but its pricey at £130 but at least you can keep the std fit radio (which looks good and the facia plate adaptor doesnt :()

Associate
gurdas said:
And the dodge viper, ram srt10, challenge stradale

nope, nope and certainly nope! Although the 1st two kind of suite the cars, its still a no.
Putting stripes on a car that does not belong there is as bad as putting the Golden Phoenix on a Camaro... NOT cricket

Soldato
OP
Damn you all! You're talking me out of the stripes! grr

Although not because its not a viper etc (no **** sherlock) I'm starting to think they might become a bit of a stonechip magnet, also just thinking if I do get a blue one and then do thousands of motorway miles which is the plan the stripes will wind up getting dirty first.

So, next question.. if I wasn't to buy them are there any other options I should go for?

Soldato
OP
oh but look!!! its awesome!

d98da063.jpg

that was at the motorshow last week :)

I do think it looks great... argh!

Associate
Are the stripes in the paint or just stickers? If so just get it with stripes and have them removed if you don't like?

I'd go for red with white stripes :D

Associate
The only options which appealed to me were:

• DEATC (Dual climate control) - £400
  • Recaro seat pack (8 way adjustable passenger seat, and recaro rear seats - but makes the car a 4 seater) - £250

If you're going for a 5 door get the global closing and power windows option (£150 I think), else you'll have windy windows of doom. :D

I ended up ordering a standard car though, as the ST-2 comes fairly well equipped for a hot hatch.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Be careful to what options you get, the deatc and bluetooth apparently delay your car further.

I think its fairly well kitted out tbh, the leather recaroes were well nice in my demo motor, DEATC is nice but is it worth £400? you get xenons and heated screen as std anyway, what more can you ask for!

Associate
The standard front seats are Recaros, but the drivers seat is 8 way adjustable while the passenger seat is just 4 way adjustable. With the Recaro seat pack both are 8 way adjustable.

The rear seats with the seat pack are much more sculpted - so they become 2 seats instead of 3. The middle seat belt wouldn't be there. They'll be Recaro branded, whereas in the standard car they aren't. The ST-3 has this as standard.

Associate
Tinders said:
Be careful to what options you get, the deatc and bluetooth apparently delay your car further.

I think its fairly well kitted out tbh, the leather recaroes were well nice in my demo motor, DEATC is nice but is it worth £400? you get xenons and heated screen as std anyway, what more can you ask for!

Agreed. But if it's a company car you may have to wait for a factory order anyway. If so, go for the options and wait the 3-4 months. If you can get a standard car now, go for it. :)

Back
Top Bottom