Nikon 50mm f1.8 D AF

Associate
Just bought the above metioned lens. Couldnt resist it, being so cheap and all. I'll upload some pictures when it arrives tomorrow (hopefully). Read some good reviews and seen some great shots taken with it. Looking forward to taking some snaps myself. Will be using it for portrait photography and music events (will be dim light).

Associate
Will be interesting to see your shots and opinions on the lens. Been hearing a lot about it recently and am tempted myself, justifing it to the mrs might be difficult at the mo as i've just bought a sigma 70-300.

Associate
OP
It arrived this morning! Will get some pictures tonight when I get home from work! Thought it was going to take 7 - 10 days! Well happy!

King.

EDIT: Why Oh Why didnt I bring my camera to work! WHY!!! Now I have to sit here itching to use it all day long! WHY!!!!!! Hopefully the excitement will make the day go quicker.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bought the lens specifically for Portraiture and Gig's. Wont be using as a walkabout, thats for the 18-55mm. Which produces satifactory results.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As promised, pictures.

IMG_023.JPG

f1.8 - 1/40s

IMG_024.JPG

f1.8 - 1/160s

Generally very happy with the lens. I was worried about vignetting in the f1.8 region but it is very very well controlled. Nice sharp images with good colours (pictures were taken on 'normal' optimization level).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom