Divorce

Permabanned
Kell_ee001 said:
It doesn't always work that way round you know.

And for that matter, who says it's always the guy who pays for everything? :confused:

Have you guys got any sources to backup any of the vast generalisations you're making?

Common knowledge isn't it?

Associate
if your getting married, do not get a joint bank account, they will take half of the 90% you earned, if you just have your own private account, that can't happen :D thats advice given to me by my parents, lol (they are still married :))

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've never read such a load of crap in all my life.

It doesnt ALWAYS go in the womans favor at all, i know first hand from my other half, who is still tied up in the financials of her divorce that started years ago.

He lied, abused her, kicked her and the kids out of the home - all after HE cheated. He left them on the streets with no income, nothing and its taken years of fighting to even get a fair deal. He kept all the assets and sold them (cars, caravans etc.) keeping the money but denying they ever existed.

He's a compulsive liar and a complete piece of ****, he really doesnt deserve to be alive, real trouble maker.

Just the point - women dont always milk the men for everything, its a long hard battle to even get a fair deal out of it, especially when dealing with ******* like him!

Soldato
I suppose tha majority of family setups mean that it is the women that stay at home and raise the kids, but were it to be the other way around then the same rules for settlements would apply. Just because a woman (or man) doesnt contribute financially doenst make their contribution to the family any less valid.

Associate
Ak!ta said:
Well ... who's got divorced and actually come out better off? ;)

Me. I'm not married to him anymore :D

Financially HE came out far better off. After 10 years of marriage (no children) I was traded in for an older model. :o He took about 80% of the assets (including savings) then to add insult to injury, requested maintainence on the grounds that he wanted to be kept in the style of which he had become accustomed!! (My earnings were considerably more than his, and had been so for the period of the marriage). Fortunately, it didn't come to that, but my divorce cost me a lot of money and I had to start over again. In hindsight, his older model did me a huge favour, despite the financial costs. :p

SCM

SCM

Associate
I'm in the midst of a divorce at present and will be a free man at beginning of next year. The cash split from the house sale was down the middle etc so was all fair that way.

Unfortunately my ex left my credit rating in a state that i am screwed for a few years while i sort myself out. As she was paying her stuff like her own credit card, store card etc and anytime i needed cash, as let her control the joint account big mistake, there was never anything left to pay my stuff off.

So i lost almost half the profit of my share of the house sale, as with being the bigger earner my credit card limit was higher.

If there is a next time for me in a serious relationship i will know better.

SCM

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Ak!ta said:
Well ... who's got divorced and actually come out better off? ;)
The answer to that is blindingly obvious ...... when anyone gets divorced, unless they're sensible enough and amicable enough to avoid court, the lawyers come out better off.

Soldato
Sequoia said:
The answer to that is blindingly obvious ...... when anyone gets divorced, unless they're sensible enough and amicable enough to avoid court, the lawyers come out better off.

always the cynic :p

i think in the end both my mum and dad have become better off personally, even though my mum hasnt got another man.
money wise, i think my dad is better off, and he knows it.
but its all 10 years ago now.

Back
Top Bottom