Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 31st August 2006

Soldato
Is anyone else getting some really nice wus?
I just got a 600 pointer, instead of the 36 and 41s i've been having.
And i've got a 392 and a 396.
Had a little production drop recently but everything is up again now.

fahmon1ar8.png

Looking good no?

Think i need to move the coppermines to deadlineless as one of them is about to miss a deadline i think.

Associate
SiriusB said:
My production is gonna jump by quite a bit tomorrow - I dump a 600 and 392 pointer :D

StevenG and Unforgiven are getting a bit close for comfort :eek:

SiriusB

I think your going to stomp me soon but its only temporary so don't get comfy. Had my server offline all day yesterday and lost a 600 pointer when I forgot to turn off the service whilst trying to overclock. Got a blue screen and it was bye bye work unit.

Finally got the thing stable at 2.58 which is a lousy clock, but will have to do for now and its now happily crunching away.

Still haven't got the dual core lappy going yet, I'll add that tomorrow.

Soldato
rich99million said:
the 396 pointers aren't that nice to be honest - they take forever :o
Got to be better than the 41 and 36 pointers i was getting on each core of my opty.

It looks like we might make it into #47 today stomping the Lithuanians.

Associate
rich99million said:
yes you're right they actually are better - just checked my fahmon bechies

Ive never had one of these 41 or 36 poiters, smallest Ive had is around the 120 mark. Had a few 600 pointers, although posting this might change my luck.

Soldato
Alright chaps, back from hols. The day before leaving a set of gskill zx arrived for the opty but I didn't have time to get the system runnning. Even at stock it wouldn't boot, I blame the dfi expert. Got all night to tweak it though - upping the vcore to 1.6 :cool: .

Anyway, the opty and xp were off for 10 days, hence the extreme drop in output.

Good folding. Nice to see the dark red™ coming into play. Love sculptor(OcUK) and LigerZero's extreme outputs, very nice.

Fold on

And woot! Nice stop of the Lithuanians :D !

Soldato
OP
SiriusB said:
Turn off advmethods. It wont guarantee you a large WU but I think it'll be more likely.

SiriusB
indeed - the really rubbish WUs seem to be on -advmethods at the moment wheras the 600 pointers are available without any flags

you may need to tell it to do deadlineless work to force it off your current server and then change back to normal to get onto the right server

Associate
Rob OC if I can keep my output up I'll start catching up with you so I can return the stomp :D :p

I'm not going to issue a parp yet cause theres something screwy with my output.

I've just gone from an average of 140 ppd to 600 :eek:

Soldato
rich99million said:
indeed - the really rubbish WUs seem to be on -advmethods at the moment wheras the 600 pointers are available without any flags

you may need to tell it to do deadlineless work to force it off your current server and then change back to normal to get onto the right server

Yeah, I found out last night that the 77x projects that every is getting are fresh out of Beta and are in advmethods cos they are new.

Definately remove your -advmethods flag and do the deadlineless WU trick to swap servers. Since doing this on Saturday I have had 2 600 pointers and 2 153 pointers.

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom