• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU = 90'c in Bios :O

Soldato
dont want to start an argument, but they dont necceseraly have to be batterd - but whatever. Just i belive that is probably part of the issue as to why his cpu is so hot (also got a feeling his temp sensors might be knackerd or something) anyhow, life goes on

Man of Honour
Not that it interests anyone but the safe maximum operating temperature for the D930 posted by intel is 64 Degrees Celcius. They are a fairly toasty beast and dislike anything but good thermal paste and a decent cooler. And before anyone tells me i am talking from my anus , I own one of these CPU's and have had several coolers on it previously with everything from unbranded japenese TIM to Arctic Silver 5. And Have had many many Intel CPU's in the past. :)

Lan

Lan

Associate
Nomisf said:
Not that it interests anyone but the safe maximum operating temperature for the D930 posted by intel is 64 Degrees Celcius. They are a fairly toasty beast and dislike anything but good thermal paste and a decent cooler. And before anyone tells me i am talking from my anus , I own one of these CPU's and have had several coolers on it previously with everything from unbranded japenese TIM to Arctic Silver 5. And Have had many many Intel CPU's in the past. :)

yeh try telling mister no paste-o tht

axe

axe

Suspended
OP
Lan said:

Do you people even read the thread :S not once have i argued . I have agreed i need some paste just I have said i will be running without paste until it comes?

axe

axe

Suspended
OP
But am i not wrong tho? it has been keeping around 55-63 since i have been using it . IT has not Burnt Out as you said it would.

So what have you been right about?

Its not at ideal temperatures but for a few days there is no harm done.

This thread is boring me now . You say keep off because its going to cook i keep on and it hasnt cooked i will be getting my thermal paste today so i do not see why there should be any more discussion

Soldato
Justintime said:
Haven't installed much cpus have u? sory not being rude but what you're saying is plain ignorance.

No im just a system builder.

Why dont you go and try and install one with no paste ?

Im not saying i dont use it and its not a good idea , or even essential , i will always use it. What i am saying is it wont make a difference from 33c to 90+c theres got to be something else wrong for it to make that much difference.

And there was obviously as his cooler wasnt seated properly.

Soldato
axe said:
But am i not wrong tho? it has been keeping around 55-63 since i have been using it . IT has not Burnt Out as you said it would.

So what have you been right about?

see, you're arguing.

me, im always right when it comes to this stuff but thats because i have an ounce of common sense. I never said it would explode in to a firey mess did i? but chances are much, much great that it will. We all know the importance of paste, if you dont want to listen to us then yes, i suggest you go away and play with your toys.

Last edited:
Soldato
I suppose at the end of the day, we all get a chance to see how far it will go without paste and have a laugh at their expense. However, this thread will come in handy for the average 70yr old coffin dodger who has all the time in the world and wants a bash at building :D

Back
Top Bottom