Just got my new Samsung SM-215TW 21

Associate
Well after some research and wanting a wide screen to replace my Dell 2001fp
i decided on the Samsung SM-215TW 21

And all i can say is wow! no dead pixels, no back light bleed, and clear vibrant colours. after ajustment from the standard presets ( who decides the presets? wow they need there eyes testing!) the screen is just drop dead gorgous to look at. the 21" instead of 20" offers that small increase in size yet stays sharp and clear.

The colours are rich and vibrant with no bleed or distortion. and COD2 looks great in wide screen, it looks brighter, richer in colour and no signs of any ghosting or lag.

I would highly recomend these screens as a thought before you buy 22" it has every input you can think of, great screen well done samsung!

now for a quick browse around.

dunno said:
Lowrider007, have you had any experience with another tft screen?

only the ones in the picture below, oh and my tv, out of all of them the SM215TW is without a doubt the best quality screen I own, for me what stands out most are the colours and vibrance of them, viewing photo's on it is a pure joy, the screen is also very sharp and thats without even plugging in the DVI cable (I think dvi is over rated anyway), like i've mention'd before the only downfall I can see is the input lag, many people will not notice it tho, myself being a very avid online gamer (UT2004/Farcry mostly) found it distracting enough to use my old 19" on my main rig instead of the samsung, saying that tho I do find my self doing everying else on my secoundry system and I think it's the SM215TW that draws me there :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm so you use your 19" LG tft for gaming and it had less lag than the Samsung. Not so sure about getting the tft anymore as I play a lot of online fps games. Doh

any chance you can put your 19" and 21" side by side :) I would be upgrading from the same size of monitor to the samsung

Back
Top Bottom