shady's back? back again?

Soldato
....shady's back, tell a friend? :p

no not slim shady, our very own shady - grand master of all home Seti/BOINC/Folding farmers

well I'm not sure if it's him or just someone messing around (or even a stray machine running off some residual charge somewhere :p) but I noticed a slight points droppage when I was doing the news so checked it out - linky

he was active on the forums just a few days ago so you never know :)

Soldato
diogenese said:
That also means that there are no slackers in the top 45 now too!

I spotted that yesterday too - was going to start a super stats thread.
But for once was to busy at work :D anyway's

We've only 25 gray's left in the top 100 now (that's 13 less then when I hit page one :D ) and by end of the month, at current output that will drop to 15 ish - great work team, keep folding.

Soldato
It was me , but dont get too excited as its only one old xp2500 thats folding at present. I will prob get a conroe next week though and I see there is now a valid reason (for me ) to splash out on a decent graphics card or cards.
Is it worth getting a 2 slot or a 4 slot board ?

Shady

Soldato
shadyseti said:
It was me , but dont get too excited as its only one old xp2500 thats folding at present. I will prob get a conroe next week though and I see there is now a valid reason (for me ) to splash out on a decent graphics card or cards.
Is it worth getting a 2 slot or a 4 slot board ?

Shady

?
2 slot?
4 slot?
you talking about 4 GPUs?
you'ed need a quad core processor for that dude!

Man of Honour
Soldato
VeNT said:
ever seen a mac pro with 4 gpus?
You can order it with 4 GPUs from the factory.

They're not X1900s though.

gpuoz4.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Welcome back Shady :)

Currently, points-wise, running a GPU client won't be much better than the Conroe core it's using (or wasting) to do the polling. Also the client currently can only support one GPU per machine (though they say this aspect is being concentrated on)

I think a simple Conroe machine with two slots but only one card is probably best for now, the rate things are generally developed by Stanford it will be some time before a 4-card system will be of use anyway I should imagine (plus the heat 4 GPUs would kick out would need quite some cooling solution).

There is of course the Kentsfield on the horizon aswell as the R600-cored ATI cards probably not far off - oh decisions decisions :o

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Interesting article, but they are using Opterons not Intel CPUs. May be somewhat different with a conroe, as some of the high scoring WUs will only crunch on Intel CPUs.

Back
Top Bottom