ebay scammer has bought my phone...what should i do??

Associate
Cheques can be recalled after they've cleared? How does that work?

Does that mean the recipient can suddenly find themselves having to pay back the bank the money? That seems a bit wrong to me.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just tell the guy that his request to send it too Lagos has raised a red flag and that you will only accept cash. I would make it either dollars or sterling but see how much Xsterling is in dollars+fees beforehand.

If he is serious about the phone he can find a way to send cash securly, like in a small box envelope.

Associate
Ask eBay for advice.

Say your buyer is registered to the US but wants the phone sent to Lagos, and that it sounds fraudulent. Ask them how can you avoid being a victim of fraud without breaking the conditions of the sale.

Associate
same thng happened to me with my PSP... guy from nigeria etc... bunch of dicks really... its happened a good few times now... report to ebay, they tend to block the user... even if they send you money or request other ways of paying, just forget them basically.

:)

Associate
Stiff_Cookie said:
Just tell the guy that his request to send it too Lagos has raised a red flag and that you will only accept cash. I would make it either dollars or sterling but see how much Xsterling is in dollars+fees beforehand.

If he is serious about the phone he can find a way to send cash securly, like in a small box envelope.
I can't see how cash could be safe either, it's likely that it'll just be fake notes.

Associate
robbiemc said:
I can't see how cash could be safe either, it's likely that it'll just be fake notes.

Well just for the record the only safe way to accept a payment would be cash via a service like Western Union. Any cheques, paypal, direct bank transfers, credit card payments can and will be recalled some time in the future.

Associate
molar said:
Well just for the record the only safe way to accept a payment would be cash via a service like Western Union. Any cheques, paypal, direct bank transfers, credit card payments can and will be recalled some time in the future.
That explains why when scammers ask for payments (when selling fake goods/no goods) they want you to use Western Union. So there are no problems waiting for it to clear and it can't be recalled.

Back
Top Bottom