I know, Lets ban Tag, a game that most kids love and get excersize from!!

Soldato
Jono said:
Indeed, and when I played it if you were 'it' you just had to tig someone else. Thus the fat loser kid would get plenty of exercise not be sitting out on the sidelines. Americans always ruin our games, if they played by our rules then maybe most of them wouldn't be so fat.

Last time I checked we werent so far behind them.

Soldato
Kids these days are going to grow up thinking that life never knocks you down rather than having it drilled into them to be determined and keep trying.

Seriously I use to love the competitions at school, I lost a lot but the wins were sweet. I don't think that banning games and activities that encourage competition (especially in boys) is good. I doubt that kids are really being equiped for what life will throw at them outside of school.

For starters they'll lose the odd drinking game at Uni, what are they going to do? ban them next! :D

Soldato
Tru said:
This is the weakest outrage thread I've ever seen. How can anyone get even slightly worked up over 4 schools in America banning a playground game?

Zip, please find something to fill your time with, this is pathetic.

Nobody has mentioned relationships or muslims yet so I'm glad to have spent the time reading Zip's thread. :D

EDIT: Doh!

Caporegime
Tru said:
This is the weakest outrage thread I've ever seen. How can anyone get even slightly worked up over 4 schools in America banning a playground game?

Zip, please find something to fill your time with, this is pathetic.

LOL true..very true..

By the way you forgot to blame the muslims for this bannage...they gotta be behind all this....

Soldato
Send them an email to to let them know what you think:

http://www2.dcn.org/mailman/listinfo/willettpta

Look at their "Rules", seems a silly school anyway.

http://www.djusd.k12.ca.us/Willett/Administration/rules.htm

- Healthy activity is the focus for recesses. Keep moving, even if you simply walk and talk.

- At Willett, you can’t say, “You can’t play.” This means that students play in the order in which they line up … no exclusions. Once a game begins in its area, no moving the game to avoid certain students.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair whilst British Bulldog was fun, it was a pretty violent game when unsupervised :p my school had its fair share of broken limbs resulting from that game.

Now dodgeball on the other hand was great, so the fat kids are a bigger target? who cares! i was a little bit porky but have good eye-body coordination and it was more fun dodging the people who targetted you for it.

Soldato
40 / 40 was always better...

edit: ooooo dodgeball, nothing like the satisfaction of smacking something you hate in the face... :) ... cue teacher: 'below the waist!!!'

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm there was a game called King as far as i recall that was basically touch with beatings involved :o :D got many a bruise from that game...gave a few too! :p

edit - carried on from above....but then youd nail them straight in the testesatchel (watched Borat last night :rolleyes: )

Soldato
I appreciate this is only 4 schools, so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over it, but kids really do need to learn they will lose, quite a lot, and they need to learn to deal with it.

I remember when I left my primary school they turned the athletics day into a play retarded games that nobody can lose at day. My mother was absolutely furious as she was used to seeing her kids compete, and try and win things. After I left she got to watch them do all sorts of random, pointless activities.

Permabanned
We "invented" a game at school in honour of Rollerball using the basketball hoops. Two teams of equal numbers had to get the ball (the lightest shot from the shot put, wrapped in socks, then trackies till it was melon sized) through the other hoop. Grappling only, no punching/kicking to get the ball off an opposing player. No breaks, no half time, no kick off from the centre line, just fast and furious melee action. Every one finished playing with (old) clothes ripped to shreds, sweating like pigs and feeling superb! Sadly after two games the teachers banned it. :(

Soldato
Nothing beats the game we created in yr 10, "Fightball"... that was a ******* sport ;) :p

Two teams. One mini american football. Two Goals. Only rules: No Tripping, no hitting people in the balls.

As a team you had to get through the other team, while carrying the ball and hitting them off you to run through the goal.

Kinda like rugby/football/american football with no rules and on concrete.

Needless to say, it was banned after a few weeks when someone broke their arm :/

Actually mental having 20 v 20 at this on a tarmac/concrete playground :p

Don
british bulldog is a far better game

-all the kids would line up one side of the yard, with the 'bulldog' in the middle, then everyone runs to the other side, the bulldog had to DDT as many kids as possible as they pass, these also become bulldogs, then the last person is the bulldog in the next round

DDT's didn't hurt as a kid, but i wouldn't like to get one now!

073.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, at least if you don't play stick in the mud, you don't have some fat kid trying to "climb" underneath you to free you...

Cause that hurts when you are a small kid and you get headbutted in the nuts!

Soldato
I used to love bulldog. There's very little on earth as satisfying as ploughing through a hundred kids as they try to stop you reaching the other side of the yard.

Couple that with Rhondda Rules Football where a)Fouls were allowed and b) Positively encouraged and that summed up my childhood.

Suspended
elroberto said:
I used to love bulldog. There's very little on earth as satisfying as ploughing through a hundred kids as they try to stop you reaching the other side of the yard.

In my case, it wasn't the base satisfaction of ploughing through them, but the nimbleness I had in my youth was unrivalled. I could flip, cartwheel, and outrun the lot of them. Maybe I should get back to the gym and try to recapture the physique which clearly still lurks behind this beer belly..

Man of Honour
This is stupid, hope it gets reinstated, if not it'll turn in to 10 schools then 20ect ect.

We aren't doing kids any favours, losing and rejection is part of life. Needs to be learnt at a young age. I can foresee a rise in depression and suicidess.

Back
Top Bottom