Ubuntu 6.10 Now Out

Associate
BoomAM said:
I got fed up of 6.06 erroring with a dist-upgrade.
So i downloaded the ISO and burned a CD, nuked my linux drive, and now im just configuring Edgy now.
Its just installing a shed load of apps from the app manager, after which, im gonna step up my efforts to find the control panel applet that allows me to mount drives. As at the moment, i cant find it!?

Right click on the panel, press add to panel, type "mount" in the search box, and select the applet in the box below.

Associate
Damn only had Dapper setup for a week. Gonna try and upgrade it so i dont loose all my settings. Ill report back on how it turns out.

Soldato
VeNT said:
does this fix the issues with the DS3/4 systems?

it installs on my system with a ds3, whihc is a major improvement but wen I try and boot it it comes up with the ubuntu splash screen then goes off into a black no signal monitor. So I cant get it going still :(

Soldato
Mr Potatohead said:
Right click on the panel, press add to panel, type "mount" in the search box, and select the applet in the box below.
lol.
I meant there used to be a program under 'preferences' that allowed me to view what drives/partitions were there, and allow me to mount them/set mount points.
As it stands, i can only get my storage drive to mount via terminal, and even then, it doesnt show up in 'My Computer' like it used to.

Associate
Just done the upgrade and all seems fine except now i cant stream video from my XP servers. I used to be able to browse their shared folders and simply run video by double clicking on the files. It did this when i first installed dapper but somehow fixed itself?! Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?

The only thing i can thing of is that maybe the media players cant resolve the windows hostnames to ip addresses? The path in the media player is similar to:

smb://big_mr_t/video/video.avi

big_mr_t being the name of my friends pc running windows XP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom