official Gears Of War discussion thread

Associate
i hope shops do start selling early, really cant wait to play this game, especially looking forward to the graphics. im waiting for a shop* *no competitors!* to stock it, 39.99 for limited edition.

Last edited:
Soldato
MichaelHo edit out the competitor there!

Speaking of the *and don't repeat it!* , has anyone preordered anything from them before?

I've preordered GoW collector's edition and am wondering if they (like some other shops) would be able to get it out a day early?

I hope so because if not I'm not going to be able to play it until late Saturday afternoon :eek: I can feel an all-nighter coming on...

Soldato
Was funny too because in GAME today (bought Prey) the american chap behind the counter went 'Heyyy have you pre-ordered Gears of War?' I answered yes with a big grin, as at the time I'd pre-ordered it from ...elsewhere... and now look :rolleyes: :p *Also shakes fist*

Suspended
my status has yet to change on gameplay. so tempted to get it from shopto.net now since its already being despatched. i NEED this game :(

Caporegime
InwardSinging said:
I doubt you would get it any quicker, gameplay will send out tomorrow anyway.

I hope so because looking at my order screen, its saying ordered. In a way i want it but then on the otherhand i dont want it that quick as i have way too many games to get through and i have this feeling that GOW is going to take up most of my time....

Suspended
InwardSinging said:
I doubt you would get it any quicker, gameplay will send out tomorrow anyway.

nope, spoke to their customer support guys, told em shopto and game are posting early and they say:

"We're aware that shopto is but we haven't heard about game. We are still planning our usual wednesday dispatch date in time for friday, but you may get it thursday depending on the post."

:(

Soldato
Oh god I'm such an impatient idiot.

In anticipation of GoW turning up this week I slapped down an order for a 3 month gold subscription on Gameplay. My 5% discount didn't seem to work so I waited for the order to register on their system to cancel it. In the mean time I ordered it a few pence cheaper at [a competitor]. Now I've gone back to Gameplay to find its packing, and [a competitor] is about to ship it.

Do'h! Two three month subs and sending it back will cost more than the difference in price :(

Man of Honour
gib786 said:
nope, spoke to their customer support guys, told em shopto and game are posting early and they say:

"We're aware that shopto is but we haven't heard about game. We are still planning our usual wednesday dispatch date in time for friday, but you may get it thursday depending on the post."

:(

Boooooooo :(

Associate
SiD the Turtle said:
Two three month subs and sending it back will cost more than the difference in price :(

At least they stack.....fwiw I empathise with getting tied in knots by your own impatience - I'm currently in the process of picking out an HDTV to arrive in time for christmas, and I know I will make things more complicated than they need to be one way or another :D

Back
Top Bottom