official Gears Of War discussion thread

Man of Honour
Doesnt look like Gameplay are shipping today either :(

I walked all around town in Game and all the other shops even the small independant ones but still no sign

I want it dammit! lol

Caporegime
Steedie said:
Doesnt look like Gameplay are shipping today either :(

I walked all around town in Game and all the other shops even the small independant ones but still no sign

I want it dammit! lol

Annoying, I mean gameplay have shipped stuff before on Monday's so I don't know the problem this time. I amy be tempted to use this shopto.net site in the future as many people seem to be getting early shipping from them for many recent 360 titles.

Technically I could probably cancel my gameplay order and use shopto and get it for tomorrow, but this close to release, knowing my luck I will end up getting it later than everyone else so will stay with gameplay on this one.

rp2000

Man of Honour
Its showing as in stock again on Shopto so will order from them as they are even saying on there site they are shipping it today

So will cancel my gameplay order me thinks

Suspended
a little update. i called gameplay to cancel a friends order, and the guy on the other end was miffed big time. he went on about how shopto.net have broken the street release date an how they would be reporting them to the dti and they would be fined etc, even said acts like this will cause the videogames business to destruct, etc etc. E-mailed shopto about it and his response was classic, he simply said that if they report him and hes issued a fine he will pay it, since his only job is to keep the customer happy

quite amusing methinks

Suspended
SiD the Turtle said:
Interesting! I'm sure its a bit of sour grapes from them but quite rightly MS could refuse to supply those naughty peeps who broke the release date. Gameplay have a lot to lose just to satisfy on lot of preorders.

aye looks like gameplay have lost a lot of cash, whilst i was on the phone i could just hear all the peoplein the background speakin to other customers who were also cancelling their orders of gow. now thats a lot of pre orderes cancelled and if all the people who are now going to shopto decide to stick with them then its a lot of cash that gameplay are missing out on. i hope shopto dont get hit too hard since their customer support is good and they seem like decent people to get games from, im going to be sticking with them

Man of Honour
Ordered from Shopto an hour ago, and it just shipped :D woooooooooooooooo

UPDATE: the guy at gameplay told me I was lucky to cancel my order because they're just picking them to be shipped tonight

Associate
Easily the BEST multiplayer game I have played in years! Couldn't join any ranked matches for some reason, but playing randoms was amazing. My heart was pounding the whole time and I cheered out loud when I got my first curb stomp and chainsaw kill :cool:

Really close and intense combat. The only problem i had was with the hammer thing on the warehouse level. Some guy spammed it and killed us all every time... it charges very quickly in multiplayer and seems a little overpowered in the right hands.

Soldato
rp2000 said:
Technically I could probably cancel my gameplay order and use shopto and get it for tomorrow, but this close to release, knowing my luck I will end up getting it later than everyone else so will stay with gameplay on this one.

rp2000

Im in the same position I can cancel with gameplay and order elsewhere but knowing my luck gameplay will ship it out to everyone after I cancel so I think I'll just leave it as it is even if it means getting it thursday/friday.

I've got a new RTS to keep me occupied anyway so I should be fine :)

Associate
My order with gameplay is still in the pre-order stage and I would order from shopto but they will only deliver to your cards registered address and I'm not there atm.

Soldato
This game rocks so hard! Just wish it was on a proper HD set rather than my eizo (doesn't look as sharp because it downscales). I have a fairly good sound setup and it's so nice :cool:

Back
Top Bottom