Recommend me some trance?

Soldato
Trance

So what tracks have been doing it for you the past month or so? Here's a few that i've been playing quite a bit lately, all with 90second samples:

Ronski Speed - The Space We Are (John O'Callaghan)

Probably my favourite vocal track of the year

Gareth Emery & Nicholas Bennison - Interlok

Really high energy trancer, peak time track that will certainly get you moving

Jesselyn - Contact
Another banging tech trancer by the stunning Jesselyn, although i'm loving it at the moment i can sense i'll be bored of it soon

Absolute - Stereosex
Got hold of this one over the weekend, and it's a nice dark and moody track by MIKE

Jose Amnesia - Louder (Blake Jarrell)
I first heard this quite a while ago but mostly forgot about it until hearing it again at crasher not long ago. Emotional vocal track, i love it

Jochem Miller - Chromatic (Emporium)

Absolutely awesome track, it's from earlier this year but i've only really found it recently. High energy once again

Mac & Mac - Rippin Base (Scott mac)
If you like electro trance you should like this

Mac & Mac - I feel it
The B side to the previous track, a decent cross between tribal and tech trance

I've noticed there is a complete lack of melodic stuff in there. I'm sure i'll add more to the list if the thread stays alive

Last edited:
Associate
Just a few that crossed my mind as I read your post:

Lange vs. Gareth Emery - Another You, Another Me

Loving this track at the moment, it's an easy track to get lost in - because even at the quietest of times there's a lot going on.

Luminary - Dark Eyes (Funabashi pres. Tom Porcell Remix)

Great high-energy tune and very catchy, follows all of the right rules for pulling everything off, possibly a bit predictable; but it isn't like that ever matters.

Signum - Harmonic

A moody but very uplifting track, another track that's easy to get lost in.

Signalrunners - Aria Epica (Bart Claessen Remix)

I love the hell of this track, it's quiet and very simple - but never stands out from a good set.

Dave202 - Generate The Wave (Original Mix)

Hah, I first heard this a month or two ago and it still gets the energy flowing as well as it did the first time I heard it. Excellent track.

Also seconding 'Ronski Speed - The Space We Are' as being one of the best vocal tracks of the year, it's a great tune.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Demented Ferret said:
Just a few that crossed my mind as I read your post:

Lange vs. Gareth Emery - Another You, Another Me

Loving this track at the moment, it's an easy track to get lost in - because even at the quietest of times there's a lot going on.
When i first heard this on TATW i thought the beginning sounded fantastic, the middle/break sounded decent and then the second half kicked in and all i could think was; ergh horrible 80's style cheese. The best track by this duo is most definately:

Lange vs. Gareth Emery - Three (SAMPLE)
In fact i'd say it's possibly in my top 10 of the year certainly top 20.

Luminary - Dark Eyes (Funabashi pres. Tom Porcell Remix)

Great high-energy tune and very catchy, follows all of the right rules for pulling everything off, possibly a bit predictable; but it isn't like that ever matters.
A nice vocal track and i love Ashley Tomberlin's voice, i'm surprised i don't listen to this more often actually

Signum - Harmonic

A moody but very uplifting track, another track that's easy to get lost in.
Nice track, i've not heard this one before. I think you're description seems about spot on!

Signalrunners - Aria Epica (Bart Claessen Remix)

I love the hell of this track, it's quiet and very simple - but never stands out from a good set.
Cracking little tune by the Scottish lads, brings memories of gatecrasher flooding back whenever i hear it, will be cool when i can get the full single rather than a set rip.

Dave202 - Generate The Wave (Original Mix)
Hah, I first heard this a month or two ago and it still gets the energy flowing as well as it did the first time I heard it. Excellent track.
This is one of Smilie Man's favourite tracks. It's certainly a good tune but it doesnt blow me away.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
tntcoder said:
Really like Anna Nalick - Breathe [Blake Jarrell Remix] at the moment, its a great vocal track.

Thank you soooooooo much, it's a stunning track, i've heard it a few times but not known it's name till now. Again it brings memories of Gatecrasher flooding back. i've got goosebumps from head to toe listening to this :)

EDIT: Sample for anyone else that is interested:

Anna Nalick - Breathe (Blake Jarrel)

Last edited:
Soldato
ahh DF - nice to see you on here :D

My faves form what you and grrrr have posted are:

Dave 202 - Generate the wave (heard this for the first time while driving around mid wales at 2am listening to eddie's show on radio1 :D)

Gareth Emery & Nicholas Bennison - Interlok (wasnt too sure i liked this but you said it'd grow on me and it certainly has, fantastic tune)

Jose Amnesia & Jennifer Rene - Louder (heard this on ASOT a few months ago but only really started liking it after crasher)

Signalrunners - Aria Epica (Bart Claessen Remix) (Just wish this would be released soon)

My own additions:

The Killers - Mr Brightside (Thin White Duke Mix) - Fantastic uplifting melody about 4:30 in just does it for me

Marcel Woods - Monotone - As the name suggests, fairly monotonus, but theres so much energy it doesnt matter :D

Stoneface & Terminal - Super Nature - Very melodic with huge break, fantastic :D

Kuffdam & Plant - Summer Dream (Stoneface & Terminal Remix) - Yes i know its old, but the sort of tune that can give you goosebumps everytime you listen to it :)

i've got more i'll no doubt add at some point

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Smiley Man said:
My own additions:

The Killers - Mr Brightside (Thin White Duke Mix) - Fantastic uplifting melody about 4:30 in just does it for me
Awesome remix, there aren't many tracks you can play over and over without becoming bored of it but this is definitely one of them. Was lucky enough to hear it in a club for the first time on Thursday - it sounded absolutely fantastic.

Marcel Woods - Monotone - As the name suggests, fairly monotonus, but theres so much energy it doesnt matter :D
I played this one to death a few months ago, love it

Stoneface & Terminal - Super Nature - Very melodic with huge break, fantastic :D
Good track but i prefer 'Sidewinder' from the same EP. It's a lot darker and less melodic but i guess this is the style i'm liking at the mo:
Stoneface & Terminal - Sidewinder

Kuffdam & Plant - Summer Dream (Stoneface & Terminal Remix) - Yes i know its old, but the sort of tune that can give you goosebumps everytime you listen to it :)

i've got more i'll no doubt add at some point
Probably one of the most euphoric and uplifting tracks i've got. If you like this you'll probably like Perasma - Swing to harmony (Deserves an effort symphony dub) also from last year

Soldato
OP
A couple new tracks that i found today:

Nu NRG - Kosmosy

OK this one's from earlier this year but i only discovered it today. I remember Guiseppe Ottaviani performing this live at crasher a few months back (my memory from crasher nights never ceases to amaze me, i've literally not heard this track since that night yet can still remember it so clearly) Very euphoric

Ton T.B.
OK this is basically nothing more than cheese (good cheese) but we all like to indulge every now and then. I got his album today and spent most of the evening listening to it, there's several quality tracks on it

And a track that i've been loving all year:

Galen Behr & Robert Burns - Till we meet again (Galen Behr Remix)

Very epic trance

Caporegime
Grrrrr said:
A couple new tracks that i found today:

Nu NRG - Kosmosy

OK this one's from earlier this year but i only discovered it today. I remember Guiseppe Ottaviani performing this live at crasher a few months back (my memory from crasher nights never ceases to amaze me, i've literally not heard this track since that night yet can still remember it so clearly) Very euphoric

So you didn't listen to my final episode of Chromatic Modulation then :p

I did a new uplifting psy mix last night (now on my site ;)), and 2 tracks that stood out for me, even though they are dated, are Yahel - Cosmos and Electro Sun - ******* Music, both are awesome, melodic and uplifting! :D

Soldato
OP
I didn't say i had listened to it, i just asked what the remix of beautiful things was called :p Seriously though i did listen to about half of it, but if kosmosy is in the second half then i should probably listen to the rest!

Back
Top Bottom