NEC LCD20WGX2 review *** UPDATED 25/02/06 ***

Soldato
Sem said:
i got my monitor today and I'm bitterly disappointed with the image quality

maybe i haven't configured it properly can anyone help

whats the best settings i should use

thanks

What exactly is wrong? Do you have a screenshot?

Associate
Sem said:
i got my monitor today and I'm bitterly disappointed with the image quality

maybe i haven't configured it properly can anyone help

whats the best settings i should use

thanks

If you're using the default settings and you're "bitterly dissappointed" I can only guess there's something wrong with your monitor?? It's the best screen I've laid my eyes on! :)

Still no update on an ETA for a replacement for me though :( I have a feeling there might not be any new units in until the new revision is out in December....

Last edited:
Associate
I will be on my 3rd screen this Thursday. As I mentioned above, the first didn't work at all and the 2nd unfortunately has an annoying whistling sound coming from the rear. NEC have confirmed they now have the new revision '20WGX2 Pro' in stock and will delivery one to me this week. :)

Man of Honour
garethrobinson1 said:
From what I have read and have been told, there's no difference apart from the new version is compatible with the Soundbar add on.

that is the only difference with the 20WGX2 Pro, the 90GX2 Pro and 70GX2 Pro has dome updated specs too. more info here :)

Soldato
igors said:
Long time no see :) Phase 2 of the 20WGX2 review is now available on TFTcentral. If anyone is interested take a look here It's a good read.
Thanks for more excellent coverage.

I know each screen may vary slightly, but 50/50/ADV/NativeWP and that associated profile look great to me too.

Associate
Well new revision has arrived today, turned it on and again, high pitch buzzing from the rear!

This is my 3rd screen and I'm getting pretty frustrated now and seriously doubting if there are any of these screens out there that do not buzz.

Can anyone confirm they have a 'silent' screen with no buzzing coming from the rear? I may have to call NEC tomorrow for a 4th screen.....

Last edited:
Associate
garethrobinson1 said:
Well new revision has arrived today, turned it on and again, high pitch buzzing from the rear!

This is my 3rd screen and I'm getting pretty frustrated now and seriously doubting if there are any of these screens out there that do not buzz.

Can anyone confirm they have a 'silent' screen with no buzzing coming from the rear? I may have to call NEC tomorrow for a 4th screen.....

Mines fine its a great screen when u get a good one.....

ATI

ATI

Associate
hello baddass

any idea when the pro version will be released in the uk and when would ocuk get them?

would they come with the soundbar and has anyone seen this soudbar anywhere?

cheers

Associate
No, they don't come with the soundbar - just the compatibility to add it if required. I have one here and it's exactly the same as the non-Pro version apart from the soundbar compatibility.

I have another one being delivered by NEC tomorrow as this one sounds like there's an egg frying in the back of it. NEC confirmed this is a known fault and have agreed to swap it out.

Associate
I've had 3 brand new units. 1st one lasted an hour - no buzzing, but powered off after 50mins and didn't ever come back on. 2nd one buzzed, as did the 'Pro' version I have now.

The buzzing occurs when the monitor is powered on, not in standby. There is a slight whine in standby but that doesn't bother me at all. It's the buzzing that is annoying and as mentioned above, the buzzing has occurred on new units yes.

It's a superb screen and I love it - when I get a silent one I'll be even more delighted!

ATI

ATI

Associate
very surprised to hear that, anychance u can post the pics of the new one where the soundbar goes and box and things pls

keep us updated about ** monitor, what the turn around for your replacements once you call nec?

Back
Top Bottom