Gran Turismo HD now just a Demo

Soldato
:eek: I see your right there now im reading ign.
I think the whole thing is madness looks like they were just rushing to get GT out as soon as poss.
Surely they wont use the assets of the classic mode now if its just becoming GT5? And what about charging for cars and tracks that was just nuts I hope its gone.

Associate
Nickg said:
yes, that free GT:HD demo at xmas certainly makes the xbox look much better...

err how?

He could probably buy a 360 and have plenty of time to save for a ps3 before the European release, also if he was waiting specifically for GTHD (this being a GT thread its a good guess he is) he has even more time before its release. Sometimes peoples stances on the whole brand loyalty thing makes them out as idiots.

Caporegime
jamie2497 said:
Err because Sony now don't have a full GT game until 2008 and people will get so bored of the demo since its only like 1 track with no online play :confused:

they were never planning on doing? it as half GT4, half new with PAY per DOWNLOAD cars etc... instead you now get a taster free...not exactly a reason to scrap buying a ps3 if you were waiting for GT5 is it?

Man of Honour
Nickg said:
they were never planning on doing? it as half GT4, half new with PAY per DOWNLOAD cars etc... instead you now get a taster free...not exactly a reason to scrap buying a ps3 if you were waiting for GT5 is it?
10 Cars, 2 tracks. For £425. If there's penty of decent games out there to keep you occupied also, then it's okay, but I personally don't see any that I want other than MGS4.

Associate
Nickg said:
yes, that free GT:HD demo at xmas certainly makes the xbox look much better...

err how?

Well, one of the main reasons i was waiting for a PS3 over a 360 was a GT game. Now since a GT game won't be with us till 2008, buying a 360 looks better all the time. Still with me? :D

Soldato
Excuse my tone but what the **** are Sony playing at.

This has to be the worst launch ever, big titles like Metal Gear / GT probably two of Sonys strenghs seem a long way off. Whats worse is this is for a console that was delayed several times OMG youd of thought they would have already had the demo of GT HD shipping free with the darn console or available to download.

Sony you are turning into a whinging corporation that cares nothing of your promises and with the amount of BS hype thats been created already MS are gonna slap you HARD.

Oh well just remember fanboys "High Defination Gaming" only starts when Sony say so errr but even their not sure when that is exactly, really its pathetic...

Spose theirs always RRRRIIIIDDDGGGEEE RRRRAAAACCCCEEEERRRR!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
If the demo is multiplayer then its still a positive and if its all for the greater glory of gt5 then you just have to wait and see if it was worth it I guess :/

The whole thing does seem a little over stretched, hopefully they'll bounce back on track soon

Soldato
Goatboy said:
I'm not optimistic, GT4 was meant to have online...

Ive played GT4 online, it was possible using 3rd party software, a pc & router but it was just a bit tricky unfortunately and as a concequence lacking in (nearby) players

I guess similar might be possible in this case also, so long as it supports lan or local play at least ?

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Don't forget that Forza 2 (MS's answer to GT) is only coming out after the 360 has been out for 18 months or so. If GT5 comes out in the first half of 2008 it would be an equivalent wait.

But the 360 had PGR3 right from the word go, an awsome racing game. There's also been TDU which is also pretty decent!
PS3 with a stupidly long wait till Gran Turismo, ugh! I sold my PSP after the GT Mobile farse, after this news I wouldn't touch the PS3 with a 10 foot pole.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
:shrug:

Comparing like with like, Forza 2 and GT5 have the same waiting period. Of course if you want to compare apples with oranges...
Sometimes you have to compare apples and oranges in order to have a more comprehensive unbiased view. Fact is, PS3 doesnt look like it will have a decent realistic racing game for a while.. and the consoles already late..

Associate
dirtydog said:
:shrug:

Comparing like with like, Forza 2 and GT5 have the same waiting period. Of course if you want to compare apples with oranges...

Is it just me or is this logic getting old really quickly. Both systems are out now, the 360 will always have come out a year sooner. 3-4 years from now will people still be saying “but the ps3 hasn’t been out as long, developers haven’t had as much time with it, give it another year and the games will be as good as the 360 games out now”.

Permabanned
Cronox said:
Is it just me or is this logic getting old really quickly. Both systems are out now, the 360 will always have come out a year sooner. 3-4 years from now will people still be saying “but the ps3 hasn’t been out as long, developers haven’t had as much time with it, give it another year and the games will be as good as the 360 games out now”.
I think all those who defended the 360 over the last year should apply the exact same criteria to the PS3 or be considered hypocrites. Don't you?

Associate
dirtydog said:
I think all those who defended the 360 over the last year should apply the exact same criteria to the PS3 or be considered hypocrites. Don't you?

I think for launch titles it makes sence but we are talking about a game comming our in 2008 here, if the PS3 is still a year behind the 360 at that point then sony have lost.

Soldato
Simple Guys

Really what has the GT series offered apart from a load of cars, the AI is rubbish and having no online play is just a shambles these days...

Forza 2 will be a very good game, the original already had better things in it than the GT series. Most notably AI that wasnt incredibly thick and online play.
Forza 2 and PGR4 will both be out before the Next GT game.

Really i wonder why we should believe ANY of Sony's press releases for dates, dont forget the PSP version wheres it?

I see very few reasons to get excited yet let alone spend the money on a PS3...

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't buy a PS2 until GT3 came out, and doubt I'll be buying a PS3 before GT5 comes out. I don't see much else on the horizon that's going to make me want a PS3. Not interested in most of the kiddie PS franchises. And TBH GT3 and GT4 were both big dissapointments and I didn't get more than 20% through either, whereas I finished every race in GT1. I spent a lot more time on PGR 1 + 2 than GT3 + GT4.

I'm glad GT HD in it's rip-off 'buy cars and track' format has been ditched though.

Back
Top Bottom