How long till a price drop?

Associate
they have no reason to. They are massively undercutting the competition. They wouldnt even need to consider reducing price around the time the PS3 launches due to it being so aggresively priced already.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
i think they're going to reduce it to £50 next week...just to really irritate everyone who paid full price this week.

why does it need reducing in price!? it's cheap enough as it is. if you can't justify paying full price then it's just not something that you need in your life, is it?

Associate
Sic said:
why does it need reducing in price!? it's cheap enough as it is. if you can't justify paying full price then it's just not something that you need in your life, is it?

That sums up my thoughts fairly well. I very much doubt we will see a price drop until Christmas 2007 and wouldn’t be at all surprised if the current price lasted through to 2008, particularly if the play around with the bundled game a little, maybe even add an extra wiimote.

Soldato
I would say it depends upon when the 360 gets a price drop. It may be cheaper now but if the 360 drops much, then the core bundle could be the cheapest, and I don't think Nintendo would like that.

However, I think they would first start doing more bundles, before a real price drop.

Soldato
They wont drop the price for at least a year - and quite probably a lot longer. Which is a shame - because I think 180 is over priced. 150 would have been a good price - like it is in the rest of the world. Each time I am tempted (ignoring supply shortages) I keep remembering how we're being done over again.

Soldato
MadFruit said:
They wont drop the price for at least a year - and quite probably a lot longer. Which is a shame - because I think 180 is over priced. 150 would have been a good price - like it is in the rest of the world. Each time I am tempted (ignoring supply shortages) I keep remembering how we're being done over again.

I believe it is worth every penny.

I in no way feel as though ive been "done over".

Anyone else with a Wii feel as though theyve been "Done over"?

Soldato
Well what do you get for your £180

Well how much and how easy would it be to go out and buy a Megadrive, TurboGrafx, Nes, Snes, N64, Gamecube and a Wii? Because in a way your getting all them consoles in one tidy package. Your also getting a game thrown in with all that. I think it's amazing value.

Today I bought Zelda 1 Nes game and Donkey Konge Country and F Zero which as you know are Snes games. FZero is still great fun. I wonder how good the Gamecube version is.

Caporegime
VIRII said:
I think £180 is a perfectly fair price and WAY below the price that the market could sustain.

I think the price is ok, about £30 OTT for me. I originally read it would be lower than it has retailed. Personally I think that will come off as soon as the core price drops after January. By the time the ps3 is about to debut I'd be surprised if a Wii console alone is much above £130.

I think the Wii launch titles are the worst I've seen a console debut with, mostly pants when you remove the novelty games. Yet it's flying off the shelves. Next christmas it will be so cheap it will be rude not to own one.

Caporegime
Raymond Lin said:
But no other lauch console came with a free game thou.

There aint no such thing as free ;) The console wouldve been £150 without it or maybe £160. We all thought and read the console was going to be cheaper than it actually is. That game didnt come for free.

Its a sub game anyway, not a full one otherwise you could say the 360 premium came with hexic ;)

Associate
dannyjo22 said:
There aint no such thing as free ;) The console wouldve been £150 without it or maybe £160. We all thought and read the console was going to be cheaper than it actually is. That game didnt come for free.

I never thought the console was going to be cheaper than £180 here - I knew it would be less in other parts of the world but we always have to pay a bit more. I don't recall Nintendo ever saying that it'd be 'cheap'.

Soldato
Nintendo have developed a QUALITY product, WHY should they devalue their own product and lower the price? Their entitled to all the profit they can get from this little beauty.

£180 is a fair price in my opinion. If nobody likes that price, then dont buy one. I see no reason why they should lower the price. Even if the 360 drops to 50 pence, the Wii is STILL worth £180, maybe more in my opinion :eek:

Caporegime
dannyjo22 said:

Its a sub game anyway, not a full one otherwise you could say the 360 premium came with hexic ;)

I know we are paying for the Game it came with, but no other games console launch came with any games thou, and lots launched more thab £180, most were at £300.

Caporegime
Raymond Lin said:
I know we are paying for the Game it came with, but no other games console launch came with any games thou, and lots launched more thab £180, most were at £300.

The reason for them launching at a higher price is they were seen as the next big jump in technology. Something the Wii isn't. If Sony hadve released a overclocked PS2 with a motion controller they couldn't have charged £500 for it.

Yes the Nintendo may well be worth every penny. But the question wasn't wheher it's worth it. Its when a price drop will come. As soon as the core drops the Nintendo will follow suit. It has too.

Back
Top Bottom