What been the best DVD This year??, u have bought&which is the worst?

Associate
I've got loads left to watch, but We Were Soldiers was the most surprisingly good film I've seen so far. I had never heard of it and bought it from recommendations on here, and it is a fantastic movie. Having said that, I'll be buying Lord Of The Rings in a couple of weeks and that'll probably take over as I love the film.

Training Day is probably the worst, loads of people recommended it so I got it and thought it was very average, not particularly great at all. Maybe I should watch it again :)

Don't see anything wrong with Tomb Raider, unless you bought it for anything other than it's 2 main assets ;)

Associate
lord of the rings is my favourite. but was hugely impressed with appox now redux as a dvd. thought for such an old film it was an excellent transfer, brilliant pic + sound quality, and the new footage fited in seemlessly :)

was very disapointed with oceans 11. was pretty entertaining i guess, but thought the storey was very predictable. :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Morte
Best is The Fifth Element - I love that film!

Worst is The Deer Hunter - a bit slow for my liking.

The Firth Element......hmmm

Is that the one wiv the woman wiv the red hair in it an the black guy that acts like a woman??

If so the black guy has the funnyist voice on the planet!!!:D :D

Rossi

Soldato
My best this year would have to be my most recent ET The Extra Terrestrial 4 Disc Ultimate Gift Set Edition (see my old thread)... 3 DVDs (1982, 2002 versions and a seperate extras DVD) plus a CD soundtrack (John Williams' score) :)

Worst would be Bandits (Bruce Willis) - I bought it in Woolies in a 2 for £20 offer or something - didn't really want it, a snap decidion on the day! Anyways, I traded it without even watching!

Originally posted by Rossi
The Firth Element......hmmm

Is that the one wiv the woman wiv the red hair in it an the black guy that acts like a woman??

If so the black guy has the funnyist voice on the planet!!!:D :D

Rossi

Yep, most probably... it's Chris Tucker you're thinking of ;)

Juggler

Last edited:
Associate
Originally posted by Juggler
Worst would be Bandits (Bruce Willis) - I bought it in Woolies in a 2 for £20 offer or something - didn't really want it, a snap decidion on the day! Anyways, I traded it without even watching!

this the one about the sleep over bandits ? i seen this a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty good entertainment. maybe not a classic, but definately not 'worst dvd of the yr' material. i hope uve seen this before and just didnt watch the dvd, wouldnt like to think someone wud brand something 'worst dvd' without ever seeing it :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by pickle
wouldnt like to think someone wud brand something 'worst dvd' without ever seeing it :rolleyes: :D

Too late :p

I was really thinking it was my worst purchase based on having never seen it before and rushing into it because it was in a sale type thing :o I may have to find it somewhere cheap again if you think it's worth seeing mate :)

Juggler

Permabanned
Best: (Will be) Band of Brothers boxset :)

Worst: Well I dont buy DVDs unless I know Im gonna like them, but the one I dont watch most in my collection is probably Romeo Must Die.

Last edited:
Soldato
Best: Queen A night at teh opera (Ok, so that's a DVD-A but still a DVD :)) and worst probably Queen Tribute Concert 10th Anniversary edition. Cropeed to hell and loads of good bits missed out :(

Associate
Best: Jerry Maguire Special Edition. R3. A great character film. Fine performances all round. Loads of extras, 2 discs. All for £7.49, can't go wrong.

Worst: I too do not intend to buy a bad DVD. Just a solid collection of great films. Was a little disappointed with All the Presidents Men, but ive only watched it once so i won't condemn it yet. :).

Back
Top Bottom