Worth signing on?

Soldato
I left my job on November 23rd and have not started another job yet.

Is it worth signing on? Im not even sure how much you get a week, think its like £35 but you have to be out of work for 5 weeks IF you've left your job of your own accord...?

Just wondered what the general consensus is?

Soldato
OP
I will dude, my intention is not to scrounge around, but I really want to make the right decision on my next job, im not a job hopper, was in my last job 5 years, so I just want to get it right thats all :)

Soldato
If you can survive without it, then don't sign on. Not because your taking my taxes or anything like that (Its there for people who are genuinly looking for work, so I have no problems with that) But because its one of the most demoralising and soul destroying things I ever had the displeasure of doing. Good luck with getting a job though. :)

Associate
Haircut said:
Go to a temping agency, you'll have a job in days and it will pay more that £35 pw

Exactly, and you can leave whenever you want, and request different jobs if the current one doesn't suit. You never know you might stumble across something you like...

Soldato
DEFINATELY sign on.

if you are out of work and you have no income then its going to help. Im not saying stay on the dole for ever. but its for people like you. (and me currently) who are looking for work

Soldato
SherberT* said:
Don't sign on, cause a lot of the population will hate you.

Get a job. 5 weeks isn't that long.

what a stupid thing to say. Not everyone who is on jobseekers allowance is a moron.

so you would rather pay your taxes, (if you arent just a student bum anyway) to fund some layabout who has never worked, nor has intention to work...

or would you rather your taxes go to someone who actually needs a small income in order to pay his way, for food etc.

Permabanned
SeanyK said:
I left my job on November 23rd and have not started another job yet.

Is it worth signing on? Im not even sure how much you get a week, think its like £35 but you have to be out of work for 5 weeks IF you've left your job of your own accord...?

Just wondered what the general consensus is?

Definately worth signing on. You get free cars, SKY tv a new house and a harem thrown in, plus 10k a week cash, all thanks to Labour.

I know this to be true, as I read it on OcUk.

Back
Top Bottom