W950i on Vodafone

Associate
Hi does anyone have a W950i on Vodafone? I am due to upgrade at the end of the month, and have been waiting for this phone for a while. Is there any branding on the actual phone its self or the menus?

If there is, Is there anything by Davinci Team yet to debrand it?

Justin

Associate
OP
I have had a look on other forums and seems that it has got some branding, the startup screen and some other bits. I really want to move to o2 just for the fact they dont usually wreck your phone. Either that or get it on voda then buy a sim free one. I could wait for the N95, but then again i have the SE FM Music Transmitter and other accessories so would like to keep them for W950i.

Now that i have found it is branded firmware. Have Vodafone put graffiti over the housing/fasica

Last edited:
Associate
I've got one on Vodafone. There is no external branding and apart from the start up logo haven't noticed anything else. I didn't particularly want to go on Vodafone because of their reputation for branding but I am glad I did now.

Soldato
Nah they do, they completely ruined the M600i. I'm currently using my old phone on my new Vodafone contract while I wait for a supply of "vanilla" unbranded M600's to come in (luckily free bills until it arrives).

Good to hear that the M600 is the only one of the 3 to suffer.

Associate
The W950i is not branded on the exterior. The menu itself does have some Vodafone branding (ie - screensavers, start up and close down etc).

As far as I'm aware the Davinci Team have not released anything yet.

Associate
OP
Still got a long time to wait phoned voda today and feb 18 is my upgrade date. :mad:

Hopfully there will be something released by then, I know they wrecked w900s with firmware and graffiti.

Back
Top Bottom