Peltiers anyone use them ?

Associate
marscay said:
i haven't spoken to johann in awhile but a few mths back was looking like he was going back to sth africa.

with him and gray mole out the UK scene is basically dead.

Dubai...

If you want to buy a custom unit it still leaves you with pazza316 and fatty, although i'm not sure how much work fatty will take on at the moment. If you want to consider building your own the UK scene is getting much stronger :)

Permabanned
This was my setup last summer. 2 x 6800Ultras, 1gb Redline @ 2.2.2.5, 2 x 74gb Raptors, DFI mobo and an FX55 Sandy. Reached 3.655ghz suicide screenie, and was completely stable at 3.5ghz. I also held the SuperPI 8m world record for 6 weeks until TOM over at XS beat it! My little claim to fame....

Not exactly a portable setup though! Worse thing I ever did was sell my Mach2. :(

DSC022451.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02248.jpg
m

Soldato
easyrider said:
cheers mate,

I'm goona start my installation thread for all you phase gurus to guide me through.

You are most welcome to lend your expertise ! :)

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

easy takes the next step on the road to the dark side!

phase and water yeah?

Man of Honour
Wish I could say the same tbh. Really want phase but the noise is probably the only thing stopping me. If you want the best clocks then phase is the way to go I guess. GL with your build m8.

Soldato
If your only gain an extra 200 mhz from phase (3.8ghz to 4ghz) imo probably not worth the hassle, noise and cost.

But if you can achieve over 4ghz orthos stable then...
From what ive seen people are just using phase to put in a high benchmark and thats it, then return the clocks to where its stable.

Damn nice ear defenders hehe ;)

Caporegime
OP
Trox said:
If your only gain an extra 200 mhz from phase (3.8ghz to 4ghz) imo probably not worth the hassle, noise and cost.

But if you can achieve over 4ghz orthos stable then...
From what ive seen people are just using phase to put in a high benchmark and thats it, then return the clocks to where its stable.

Damn nice ear defenders hehe ;)

I'm at 3.6ghz with 70c temps at full load.

My water loop is barely coping.

4ghz quad core prime stable will be nice.

4.4ghz even nicer :D

Associate
Prommi MkII in custom Chieftec Matrix Chassis, regas'd to 404a, then to 507.
DSCF0563.jpg

prom5.jpg

^^ Allowed an XP-2500M to be overclocked to 3.1Ghz F@H stable in the end at -70 deg C idle, -50 deg C loaded. Bottom pic shows it with Prommi MkI underneath - final rig used regassed Prommi MkII (pix lost, it would appear)

Vapochill PE regassed to 404a after some tarting up.
vapo3.jpg

DSC00476.JPG

Think they're all that have survived the test of time...

Back
Top Bottom