Creatine use.......AGAIN!

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Yes I think it would be much more beneficial to you during your workout than in your PWO shake. I fill my shaker cup with water and add about 20g-15g of bcaa & leucine mixed together (50/50) along with about 15g of dextrose, then I'll just flavour it with a little juice.

Noticed you have been recommending BCAA's quite a lot recently and also over the MP forum too. Where do you get your BCAA & leucine from? The only stuff I can find on MP is
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/amino-acids/bcaa/

Is that the right product?

Soldato
$loth said:
Is it ok to take 5 grams in the morning (with a shake)?

On a rest day, this is the perfect time to take creatine. There are people who say taking it with a protein shake is bad but I disagree strongly.

On a training day though, you might be better with 5g post workout.

Soldato
^^ what he says :)
moss said:
Noticed you have been recommending BCAA's quite a lot recently and also over the MP forum too. Where do you get your BCAA & leucine from? The only stuff I can find on MP is
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/amino-acids/bcaa/

Is that the right product?
Yes that's bcaa, this is leucine . Some say the leucine alone is just as good as bcaa and it's a lot cheaper. When mine run out I might just stick to leucine myself see how it goes.
S7yl3s said:
Very interesting, Thanks for the information :) I will try this tomorrow when I train.
No worries, let us know how you find them :) I'll just add don't wait until you need a drink when training, start drinking them as soon as you walk in the gym, even on your way!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Right so I going to go with 50g of oats, bit of sugar, 5g creatine mono and some multi vitamins as my PWO and evening rest day shake. Soung good?

Looking at comments above, on rest days would it be better to take my creatine in the morning, then PWO on gym days?
I'll get on MP and order some oats!

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
Looking at comments above, on rest days would it be better to take my creatine in the morning, then PWO on gym days?

Yup spot on.

So you have the rest of your diet nailed? As this little lot wont be very effective on its own, but with a decent diet and some hard training you will gain a fair bit of mass.

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
Right so I going to go with 50g of oats, bit of sugar, 5g creatine mono and some multi vitamins as my PWO and evening rest day shake. Soung good?

I'll get on MP and order some oats!
No need for the sugar and why no whey? or did you forget that?

Get your multi-vitamins in you BEFORE you hit the gym. Reasoning behind that is they will be in your system when your body needs them the most, when your training hard and immediately after. Taking them PWO means they'll be sat in your stomach doing nothing for an hour when your body really needs them.

I don't buy my oats from MP, I get them from the supermarket. They sell them there for about £0.40p per kilo, cheapy, cheap ;) :D

Soldato
OP
I think I have my diet nailled as much as it is going to get. It has the odd slip of a curry here and there, but on the whole I'd say it is pretty good!

Yes there will be weigh in there! :)

So on non workout days I will take creatine in the morning, on workout days I will take it PWO with my whey and oats!

Do normal oats from the supermarket not taste minging in a shake? I presume the crushed ones mix in better is this wrong? if so I will pick up some normal oats tonight!

In about 2 months time I will have a month off creatine, and probably have a cutting and maintain muscle month anyway to get off the excess :) . Then If I feel it has worked I will get back on it after that.

Thanks guys you have been great, hopefully I will have some good gains to tell you about in a few months!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've become immune to the taste of shakes, honestly some of the stuf I've taken is truly disgusting!! :D

Yes the crushed oats from MP are easier to drink but they're expensive as they cost about 7 times more than normal oats. I stick them in a blender usually but sometimes I'll also just put them in a shaker and let them soak for 10 mins and neck them.

Bit of Nesquik is ok if you don't like bland drinks. The ultimate flavouring is something like Green & Blacks organic cocoa powder, though cadbury's is cheaper and almost as good. Here's a little snip from another site
Cacao/cocoa

Theobroma cacao, which means "food of the gods"
Natural stimulant (theorbromine, similar to caffeine)
More antioxidants than both red wine and green tea! :eek:
High quality fats and proteins, especially in raw bean form.
Very rich in sulphur and magnesium.
I use it all the time, it's VERY good for you.

Good luck with the training :)

Soldato
OP
I'll post my diet to make sure is as decent as I think it is....

morning - 30 whey, 100g oats (5g creatine on non gym days) in semi milk. reflex multi vitamin.
2 weetabix

mid morning - snack (whatever I have at work, nuts, digestive biscits, flapjack etc...)

Lunch - Rice and tuna is common, pasta and bacon with a little cheese source, 4* ham sandwiched on brown bread etc....

mid afternoon snack (same as mid morning)

Multi vitamin

GYM (3* week, mon, wed, fri/sat)

PWO shake - 50g oats, 5g creatine 40g whey in about 500ml semi milk (delete if not working out)

Evening Meal, normally healty, always substantial.

Shake at around 9-10pm on non workout days to replace PWO shake 50g oats, 30g whey in semi milk.

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
...It has the odd slip of a curry here and there, but on the whole I'd say it is pretty good!

You need a cheat meal (or two) every week to keep your metabolism on its toes and to stop you going crazy. You'll find it a lot easier to avoid snacking on "unhealthy" foods if you know you can have a dirty great curry on a friday night!! :D

Soldato
OP
Chong Warrior said:
I've become immune to the taste of shakes, honestly some of the stuf I've taken is truly disgusting!! :D

Yes the crushed oats from MP are easier to drink but they're expensive as they cost about 7 times more than normal oats. I stick them in a blender usually but sometimes I'll also just put them in a shaker and let them soak for 10 mins and neck them.

Bit of Nesquik is ok if you don't like bland drinks. The ultimate flavouring is something like Green & Blacks organic cocoa powder, though cadbury's is cheaper and almost as good. Here's a little snip from another site

I use it all the time, it's VERY good for you.

Good luck with the training :)

I will give normal oats a go tonight, see if I can stomach them should be ok, are the ammounts above good? The reflex is flavoured, but when its not a bit of cadburrys cocoa will be going in unflavoured mp whey 80 with my oats, how much do you put in?

Soldato
OP
MTA99 said:
You need a cheat meal (or two) every week to keep your metabolism on its toes and to stop you going crazy. You'll find it a lot easier to avoid snacking on "unhealthy" foods if you know you can have a dirty great curry on a friday night!! :D

Every saturday without fail, I love madras!!! Other than that I am pretty good, the odd can of boddingtons wrecks it for me as well! :D

Soldato
OP
Oh yea, whilst were on diet, I know peanuts are an ace snack for BB'ers but I presume the salted variety are not so hot. I say this because I have about a kilo of them that need eating from xmas! :D

Just ordered 500 Omega 3 tabs from MP, tired of hearing how great it is, and presume there aint much in john west/somerfield value tuna! which is the only fish I eat!

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
Just ordered 500 Omega 3 tabs from MP, tired of hearing how great it is, and presume there aint much in john west/somerfield value tuna! which is the only fish I eat!
Tuna is a good source of Omega 3 but it's still a good idea to supplement. It's almost impossible to eat too much Omega 3 with our diets as they're so rich in Omega 6 & 9.

I eat fish almost everyday and still take about 8-10 capsules a day.

Soldato
OP
Chong Warrior said:
Tuna is a good source of Omega 3 but it's still a good idea to supplement. It's almost impossible to eat too much Omega 3 with our diets as they're so rich in Omega 6 & 9.

I eat fish almost everyday and still take about 8-10 capsules a day.

I'll get right on it then. I dont like heart attacks, £13 every few months just for that alone and the cholesterol benefits (which is high in my family so will probably affect me). Seems there are training benefits as well so I will bang them in! Is 3 twice a day going to be enough, 3 3times a day better? I have heard of people taking about 20 a day, seems a bit excessive!

Soldato
I've not really talked to any non-lifters about creatine until yesterday but the amount of misinformation that goes on is astounding. People seriously see it as a step below steroids. Honestly! I've been told that if I come off creatine I'll get fat (cycling? no?) and that it's almost as good as steroids.

Slightly odd looks on their faces when I tell them its a just an energy source that lets you train a bit harder!

Soldato
Skull said:
I've not really talked to any non-lifters about creatine until yesterday but the amount of misinformation that goes on is astounding. People seriously see it as a step below steroids. Honestly! I've been told that if I come off creatine I'll get fat (cycling? no?) and that it's almost as good as steroids.

Slightly odd looks on their faces when I tell them its a just an energy source that lets you train a bit harder!

Oh I know, its quite unreal.

I never tell any "non-lifter" that I take creatine, because they simply dont understand what it is.

So much incorrect information doing the rounds it really is shocking.

Back
Top Bottom