What to do with £10,000 pounds

Permabanned
Shifter_Hull said:
i will bank it monday Afternoon and ask for some advice there but like all other banks Lloydstsb they can only tell you what products they have

we make a appointment with the branch
Ask for advice? Please, what shall I do with my money? Well they will ask you: what do you WANT to do with it... how can a stranger tell you what you want?

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
/starts thread...

"How should I eat my sandwich?"

Of course, having a sandwich to eat doesn't have the same as having 10k that you simply COULDN'T IMAGINE what to do with...
This thread is akin to asking 'what should I have in my sandwich?' How do we know...

Associate
OP
Combat squirrel said:
correct costing me well over 15k for my uni time, an thats just me! :eek:

if thats the case i will save it along with the children's money for uni
they only got £5 k each for education
so they wont be in debt when they final leave uni
many thanks
Combat Squirrel i didn't realize uni cost that much

cheers thats the winner
so i will invest it in a high rate savings account

Soldato
Did your uncle have any strong feelings towards any charities? If so how about giving a percentage towards that and then spending the rest on something your family (and perhaps your aunt?) can enjoy? A family holiday perhaps, something along those lines.

Its never nice recieving an inheritance, regardless of the amount, as anyone with even the smallest bit of humilty will feel "a person had to die for me to recieve this."

I know id try and do something with at least some of it that he might have done himself (i.e. charity or doing something specific that would have appealed to him.)

Alternatively, buy a car ;)

Man of Honour
Spend it. I am sure your Uncle would rather you enjoyed his money than kept it hidden away when it sounds like you are already very financially secure.

Blow it on a nice car, a once in a lifetime holiday or taking up a new Sport.

Caporegime
Shifter_Hull said:
thats a good suggestion too
but the children all got a money today from my aunt and its states in the letter received from her that the money has to be spent on the education

but i may keep the money for there years a uni

40 years old, apparently successful, relatively wealthy even... and you don't know what to do with 10k? What do you do for a living?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Shifter_Hull said:
if thats the case i will save it along with the children's money for uni
they only got £5 k each for education
so they wont be in debt when they final leave uni
many thanks
Combat Squirrel i didn't realize uni cost that much

cheers thats the winner
so i will invest it in a high rate savings account

this one is the winner the uni fund

Soldato
Bank it until you find something you want.

What's the point in squandering it on something stupid. Think about it, it's a lot of money to have as luxury. You can buy all the rounds down the pub, you can buy the most expensive thing on the menu etc etc (for like the next 10 years I mean)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom