Where did you go for your Honeymoon...?

Soldato
Morning all,

I'm currently trying to spec myself a Honeymoon - Most probably will be going at the end of April.

...So I'd like to ask - Where have you guys been and would you go back?

Thanks

Permabanned
Virdi said:
Morning all,

I'm currently trying to spec myself a Honeymoon - Most probably will be going at the end of April.

...So I'd like to ask - Where have you guys been and would you go back?

Thanks

Cuba. I would go back for half of it - we spent 4 days in Havana, which was awesome, and 10 days in a supposedly 'luxury' hotel in Varadero, which was anything but....

Associate
My wife and went on a 2 week driving adventure around the North and South Islands of New Zealand then finished with a 4 night stay in Raratonga in the Cook Islands. The furthest I could get away form the in laws!! hehe. The whole thing was naturally awsome and I would do it again at a dop!

KJ

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Rome and Sorrento

Italy is fab..and expensive enough to keep the charvas out..a definite plus

sorrento/positano/amalfi

lovley part of the country

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
We were very unadventurous, and so it would probably not suit you at all. But then it was many years ago. It was a week in a hotel in the Peak District.

On the occasion of our silver wedding, one thing we did was to go back to the same hotel, purely for a meal. And I remember that the bill for that meal (for six people) came to much more than the bill for the week's stay on full board twenty-five years earlier.

I hope you manage to make a good choice for your own honeymoon. Best of luck.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Cuba, well we got married out there, saves a lot of hassles, no relatives squabbling, no expensive ceremonies, foods, halls, disco etc etc...

Stayed on Cayo Guillermo, no locals hassling you, just white sandy beaches, warm seas/pool, great food and loverly Mohitos' :D

Soldato
OP
Perplexed said:
2 weeks at the Coco Palm resort in the Maldives.

Very very nice.

Please tell me more ;)

Maldives seems like a good place and is one that I'm considering.....

Was there much to do there? apart from the beach etc..? is it tru that you get a small Island all to yourself?

Soldato
We got married and had our honeymoon in Jamaica. Back in July last year. It was the best time of my life. It was fantastic. We were around the Montego Bay area but also ventured to Ocho Rios and Negril.

I think about it all the time. I love reggae now aswell :D Brings back so many memories.

Associate
Virdi said:
Please tell me more ;)

Maldives seems like a good place and is one that I'm considering.....

Was there much to do there? apart from the beach etc..? is it tru that you get a small Island all to yourself?

Basically it is all about the coral reefs. You can go Scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing, windsurfing etc. It varies a bit from resort to resort.
Be prepared to pay money though, cost us the best part of £6000 for the 2 weeks (all inclusive).

The reefs are so beautiful you can literally snorkel all day long and not feel bored. The resort we were on had ~100 huts, so it feels like you have the place to yourself. You could walk around the island in 15-20 minutes.

Beware of the cheaper resorts though, as some can be pretty rundown.

Almost forgot, food is the other thing you can do, lots of very nice and well varied food. Cocktails at the beach bar as well.

Soldato
OP
Perplexed said:
Basically it is all about the coral reefs. You can go Scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing, windsurfing etc. It varies a bit from resort to resort.
Be prepared to pay money though, cost us the best part of £6000 for the 2 weeks (all inclusive).

The reefs are so beautiful you can literally snorkel all day long and not feel bored. The resort we were on had ~100 huts, so it feels like you have the place to yourself. You could walk around the island in 15-20 minutes.

Beware of the cheaper resorts though, as some can be pretty rundown.

Almost forgot, food is the other thing you can do, lots of very nice and well varied food. Cocktails at the beach bar as well.

£6000..!!!!!! OMG..!!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom