Where to stay in Birmingham.....?

Associate
Guys,

Looking for a hotel in Birmingham area.

Have a meeting in Fleet Street, really need to save my travel budget so will stay in a Premier Travel Inn (normally clean and cheap)

They have availability in the following areas, which are best to avoid?

West Bromwich
Oldbury
Walsall
Bromsgrove

Cheers

Permabanned
Bromsgrove and walsall are miles away tbh, closest are oldbury (which is a hole tbh) and west brom is your best bet.

Whats your budget?

Permabanned
Oh and by the way, none of those areas are in birmingham proper.Theres a couple of hotels near the B.ham city ground, which are mean to be cheap and cheerfull, for the life of me i cant remember the name.

Theres also a load of hotels on the hagley road, this will give a 5-10 minute walk into the city centre.

Don
the area around the B City ground ( small heath etc ) is massively dodgy and best avoided

not usre on your budget but I have used the City Inn on Brindley Place and the Copthorne at the top of Broad st , both are perfectly ok

At a cheaper price the Jurys on Broad street is cheap and of acceptable quality for one night

Permabanned
Rotty said:
the area around the B City ground ( small heath etc ) is massively dodgy and best avoided

Nah the two hotels by the island are ok, yeah the area aint too great, but it isnt that bad either, its a typical working class area.

Don
wohoo said:
Nah the two hotels by the island are ok, yeah the area aint too great, but it isnt that bad either, its a typical working class area.

"working class" , splutter :eek: , if you class drug dealing and mugging as working then maybe you are right :eek: ;) :D I have had to work down there a couple of times, well scary it is expecially at night

Soldato
I'll second Rotty by saying that Small Heath is best avoided where possible. As for hotels, if you want to be near the Birmingham City ground, I'm pretty sure there's a Days Inn hotel very close to it.

Depending on budget, there's quite a few nice hotels in Birmingham city centre, a personal favourite of mine is the Malmaison at the Mailbox. There are quite a few other hotels nearby, and they're not too far away from Fleet Street, you could probably walk it within 15 minutes.

Associate
OP
theres an express by holiday inn right where im going for the meeting but thats fully booked.

dont mind staying outwith and driving in and parking in the big NCP for the day.

would prefer non dodgy, ive been to manchester, a scot in certain areas of there does not go down well!

budget up to £80.

whats traffic like in the mornings? have to be in meeting for 0930, dont mind getting up early and travelling into city centre...

Soldato
wohoo said:
Bromsgrove and walsall are miles away tbh, closest are oldbury (which is a hole tbh) and west brom is your best bet.

Whats your budget?
Bromsgrove isnt at all. Well it depends on what you class 'miles away' as.

Permabanned
Rotty said:
"working class" , splutter :eek: , if you class drug dealing and mugging as working then maybe you are right :eek: ;) :D I have had to work down there a couple of times, well scary it is expecially at night

I lived there for a bit, and had no grief at all, its not the best by anymeans, and im sure there some well dodgy side streets to avoid, but the main drags are alright, and the hotels are just fine.

Don
wohoo said:
I lived there for a bit, and had no grief at all, its not the best by anymeans, and im sure there some well dodgy side streets to avoid, but the main drags are alright, and the hotels are just fine.

my customers are down near the Asda, not sure how that compares to the rest of the area

Permabanned
pugster said:
theres a village hotel in dudley that is nice and has just about everything in it ,pretty easy to get to birmingham from there.

Oooh my neck of the woods, but getting to brum in rush hour isnt a pleasant affair.

The villiage is very nice tho.

Back
Top Bottom