Easyrider's Journey Into Phase...

Caporegime
IMG00057.jpg

The phase unit I bought has gone back for modification....Basically to silence it.

This is just to give an idea what I'm doing....

The phase is having a new top on it with a new hole cut and the line is being lengthened.

The line will come in behind the PSU

The fan grill is going and it will be replaced with a black one.

A side window will be added and I might powder coat the inside of the case.

Soldato
furnace said:
Awesome :D

What does powder coat mean?

Its a way of painting it. The surface it electrostatically charged, a powder paint is then sprayed on and the the whole thing is finally baked to attach the paint.

Nice setup easyrider. Not as good as mine though. :p Whats Gray doing to silence it you know?

Caporegime
OP
messiah khan said:
Its a way of painting it. The surface it electrostatically charged, a powder paint is then sprayed on and the the whole thing is finally baked to attach the paint.

Nice setup easyrider. Not as good as mine though. :p Whats Gray doing to silence it you know?

Yes its not as good as yours lol.

Not spent as much as you lol ;)

Hes changing the compressor,twaeking the gas and fans,

It will still have superior performance to that of a Mach II or vapochill though but with very low noise, :D

Soldato
looks great!

Keep us updated with lots of pics :cool:

P.S: I really wanted that case I just thought I would cover it in fingerprints, I noticed you didn't remove the plastic coating yet! :D

Caporegime
OP
Big.Wayne said:
looks great!

Keep us updated with lots of pics :cool:

P.S: I really wanted that case I just thought I would cover it in fingerprints, I noticed you didn't remove the plastic coating yet! :D

I'll be drilling the case etc....

Leaving it on for protection.

@Gangster if you pass by....Thanks ;)

Caporegime
OP
joeyjojo said:
Must have been pretty loud before. Good choice I think, sounds like a great unit. As long as you don't sacrifice too much performance.

I have been assured it will have vastly superior performance to a Mach II and vapo :)

Associate
Gray should do a nice job for you mate, running one of his modded Mach1's which was built as a "quiet" unit.
Pretty noisy pulling down to ~ -40 or so but after that the noise level's MUCH nicer. Still not silent/quiet by anymeans but much better that at full whack!

This unit runs ~ -58 no load (evap) and -47 evap @ idle. Evaps sat at -43 right now, with CPU (E6600) @ 4.2ghz w/ 1.6+ vcore. It's tuned for "quiet" running, but still packs a punch. Kudos to the master :D

Back
Top Bottom