Ashes thread - England vs Australia * SPOILERS *

Soldato
Great comeback from the English bowlers after a shocking start. Fred has been fantastic as has Monty and plunkett even came back well at the end. Was a great period around 20 overs when New Zealand scored about 2 runs in 4 overs.

Associate
as much as we hate kiwis theres nothing like spanking the poms :)

well done for getting there, lets hope the game is at least entertaining and not the usual whitewash.

Caporegime
Wow miracles will never cease to exist when it comes to England :p. How the hell they have managed to get into the finals is beyond me, would have thought the Kiwi's were definitely in there but i guess successive losses against the Aussies and England cost them their place.

Anyways congrats to England for getting that far but i fear another final whitewash for them...tbh they should have just given the game to the Kiwi's...i cant see them beating the Aussies tbh but then who knows...its a funny old game and England have already beaten them once in the ODI series albeit with a weakened team ie without Ponting etc.

Good luck England..your gonna need it:p

Associate
Credit to Vaughan. I didnt think he'd continue with Plunkett after those dreadful overs at the start. To then get 3 wickets for 60 out of him is great stuff.

Associate
I wouldn't put England completely out of the finals yet. With the possibility that Peitersen may come back into the side, we've got some more fire power.

We also did manage to convincingly beat the Australian side last time, so there is a chance (if only a small one).

Anyway, all I'm happy about is that England have finally come through. They are looking more like a professional ODI team now, and just at the right time before the World Cup.

Caporegime
Hmmmm seems like KP wants to come back to play in the finals, which would be a massive boost for England but tbh i dont think England should risk him with the World Cup so near. After all he could get nailed again by McGrath as he did in the first ODI and that wouldnt be such a good thing would it now??. So risking him when the World Cup is so near is pretty foolish imho, i know hes wanting to get back and play but seriously i think he needs the time off to make sure hes fully fit. Without him England arent going to get very far in the World Cup imho...even with him i still dont think they have a very good chance but they do have a slight chance of winning the World Cup.

Shane Watson is back and raring to go, if anything ive been waiting to see him play since the ICC Champs trophy where he played very well. So should be interesting to see how well he plays, seeing as he missed out on the Ashes due to injury.

Like i said England might get lucky and sneak a win but somehow i doubt it very very much. I would think the Aussies would want a 3-0 whitewash in the finals as they did in the Ashes:p. Either way im looking forward to seeing the games...

Soldato
Spawn said:
Like i said England might get lucky and sneak a win but somehow i doubt it very very much. I would think the Aussies would want a 3-0 whitewash in the finals as they did in the Ashes:p. Either way im looking forward to seeing the games...

I guarantee that the Aussies won't win 3 - 0. ;)

Back
Top Bottom