Ashes thread - England vs Australia * SPOILERS *

Man of Honour
Nixon has just pushed at a slower ball, picked up 2 runs. 9 required from 9 balls.

Single taken, 8 runs needed off 8 balls. Nothing silly now lads, 1s and 2s will see us home.

4 runs from Collingwood :cool: 4 runs required from 7 deliveries. See it home for us now fellas!

2 runs needed for England to win :D

Scores now level! 252-6!

THEY'VE DONE IT :D

Associate
Gooner14 said:

good call and a deserved win, who would have picked the result at the start of the match? what were the odds?

at least its interesting now, as much as i would have liked to win the next game should be great.

Caporegime
Well well looks like the Poms managed to win:eek:...didnt really get a chance to watch the game but from what i have read on cricinfo, England did a pretty good job of chasing down that total.

Well done to the Poms, about time lady luck got on their side. Still think they will get beaten by the Aussies though in the next 2 games but then i couldnt really care less tbh. Its the World Cup im looking forward to myself:p

Associate
Wow no complaints that Hodge got a stinker. Last time it was because the Captain wasnt playing. My god England actually won a game 'fair and square' this time? :o Must hurt ...

Soldato
Aus were 170-1 at one point, it looked like they were running away with it but somehow still managed to lose. All credit to England though, from a poor start they held it together and pulled it off. Good win, and they give themselves 2 more shots at Australia now, and need just 1 win to take it!

Back
Top Bottom