FAH Long...ish range PARP to Shady

Soldato
Figured I would give Shady a bit of advance warning of his inevitable stompage :D

Kinda a cool, and yet 'tinged with sadness' moment that I am PARPing Shady. He was a benchmark for crazy home farming in his day. I looked up to his dedication to the cause, especially in the seti classic days.

Oh well, get your stuff packed S'ah as I am a coming through :p

Dunc

Soldato
Just shows how fast things have changed since I had the farm running!! I might be staying in one place long enough to set up a vegetable patch later in the year!!!

Good to see that the team is still going strong and I encourage as many people as possible to try and stomp me as its all for the good of the team.

I still have quite a few socket A AGP machines gather dust in someones loft that might be worth getting 1950 pro's for eventually as I assume that when running the graphics client the processor does not effect the speed very much ?

Shady

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
shadyseti said:
I still have quite a few socket A AGP machines gather dust in someones loft that might be worth getting 1950 pro's for eventually as I assume that when running the graphics client the processor does not effect the speed very much ?

Shady

I don't think it makes a huge difference but I'll find out when I get back home in three weeks or so - you've put the idea into my head now and I might get some decent output from that old XP1700 yet (I was planning to retire it but if the 1950 gives it a new lease of life, I might just spare it).

Stan :)

Soldato
odd - thought I'd replied to this thread already :confused:
Stomp the slac.... oh there he is :D

The CPU doesn't matter at all really - apparently a 500MHz CPU could keep the GPU fed with what it needs as long as it has 100% of a CPU it could be downclocked and undervolted as much as possible to save heat/power issues.
The XP1700s would be ideal since they were designed to be low power anyway IIRC - hence having so much headroom ;)

I also don't think that 4x/8x AGP makes much difference to folding on GPU though I'll try to find more data to back that up. :)

Soldato
rich99million said:
The CPU doesn't matter at all really - apparently a 500MHz CPU could keep the GPU fed with what it needs as long as it has 100% of a CPU it could be downclocked and undervolted as much as possible to save heat/power issues.
The XP1700s would be ideal since they were designed to be low power anyway IIRC - hence having so much headroom ;)

I also don't think that 4x/8x AGP makes much difference to folding on GPU though I'll try to find more data to back that up. :)

Thats what I was thinking , I know I have some 1.4 durons that can be underclocked and undervolted and as I already have the motherboards, processors , ram , psu and hard drives , getting a batch of 1950 pro's would probably make more sense than buying one or two new conroe machines.

Shady

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Hmmm.

It's a pity there isn't a Linux GPU client. I have a stock of old K6s and P3s kicking about and also some RAM that I could get cheap mobos and 1950s for but I'm not buying Windows XP for them all.

Stan :)

Back
Top Bottom