2 isp's on one bt line?

Soldato
Kell_ee001 said:
You need 1 line per ISP.

Wrong forum too. :p - Oh my, that was moved quick! :/

When you get your seperate lines you can bundle the 2 together to 'double' your speed if you so wish. I assume your ISP needs to support that too.

Associate
As I understand it, there are some countries that allow, multiple ADSL ISP's on one line.

Here I'm told that a Service provider lock is a function implimented by the regulator and see no reason to lift this situation.

I am also led to believe that should the lock not be in force then you could in practice just change log in name and the RADIUS server at BT (assuming you are on BT) will just route you to the different ISP.

OFCOM - a regulator thats pointless, if they had any teeth, they'd make all LLU and Cable operators have a USO as well, instead of just cherry picking.

Shunts...

Caporegime
Here I'm told that a Service provider lock is a function implimented by the regulator and see no reason to lift this situation.

Wrong. Ofcom certainly don't force BTw to use Service Selection Barring.

There's nothing stopping you having more than one realm on the SSB list, but you couldn't connect to them both at once, and most ISPs won't do the work that's needed.

Last edited:
Associate
I think that might have been going back to some discssions I had with BTw broadband campaigners many years ago, my memory is being used for something else now!

Shunts...

Back
Top Bottom