Samurize Scripts

Soldato
is it me? or has the conditions bit stopped working AGAIN on the weather?

/edit back to 0.91 and it works.

/re-edit none work now except 0.50 :/ bummer!

B@Th*nG

Last edited:
Permabanned
Originally posted by Diddums100
is it me? or has the conditions bit stopped working AGAIN on the weather?

/edit back to 0.91 and it works.

/re-edit none work now except 0.50 :/ bummer!
I'm running 0.92 and its working Ok for me. Though there is an error with the number of registry writes but as that error doesn't effect my config I've not tracked it down. CONDITIONS1-4 work fine for me.

Associate
Hey Andy C :)

I really like your scripting :) Wondering if you wanna package it up and share your amazing work!

I really like it :) and would rate it No1 out of the lot!

Would really apreciate it if you could either post a link or email it me!

thats if you want to distrubute it! Otherwise im sure i can look for 2nd best !

[email protected] If this is ok with you

Thank You
Crocket

Soldato
Well heres my little offering, thanks to MTA99 for the most of the images and idea's

:)

desksam.gif

Associate
Just outta curiousity...why'd ya blank out your Location? *Caugh* Fraudster on the run me thinks *cough* ;)

Nice samurize btw, do you have a link to that .png?
(I would post a picture of mine, but I can't take credit for it)

Cheers

glg

glg

Associate
Just downloaded this and working on my first config.
Heres my first attempt:

desktop.jpg

Is it possible to adjust the news script so that it pulls out the URL for each story so I can click on the story to bring the webpage up?

cheers

G

Associate
Originally posted by Raymond Lin
all my weather icons has gone funny now and the current weather isn't showing at all. :(

Are you using the latest version (0.93)? Mine is still working fine. If you are then please post your weather URL and I'll have a look at it.

Associate
my url is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1222&links

and am using the latest weather scripts.

I've just changed the URL in my script to that and it still works fine. I even re-downloaded the v0.93 script from the zip file on my webspace and that also works fine with your URL.....? :confused:

All I can suggest is downloading the script again from here to make sure you really do have the latest version.

Caporegime
Originally posted by Crocket
How come no ones posting there script filey things?! :)

Ive been thru the whole thread, to see if i can find one i like and modify but there isnt any files to download :eek:

Anyone want to release theirs! or am i blind! :o

Well, I did that when I first got into it (in another forum), but instead of downloading it and then re-edit to suit their own desktop and re-design it. People just copy it without any change, and then they post it on the wallpaper/desktop thread of their desktop without crediting my design and other's scripts. So I took it off the net, got fed up of doing all the work and not be appreciated for it.

Samurized5.jpg

Samurized3.jpg

Associate
Well, I did that when I first got into it (in another forum), but instead of downloading it and then re-edit to suit their own desktop and re-design it. People just copy it without any change, and then they post it on the wallpaper/desktop thread of their desktop without crediting my design and other's scripts. So I took it off the net, got fed up of doing all the work and not be appreciated for it.

Samurized5.jpg

I really like this one :) :cool:

But ill say no more if you dont want to distrubute to "gratefull" people! :)

I understand what your saying, but then no one gets your amazing work :eek: , I think you should select "gratefull" people for whom you can let them have the design, aslong as they mention you when they show people!

Caporegime
Originally posted by Crocket

I really like this one :) :cool:

But ill say no more if you dont want to distrubute to "gratefull" people! :)

I understand what your saying, but then no one gets your amazing work :eek: , I think you should select "gratefull" people for whom you can let them have the design, aslong as they mention you when they show people!

I've had quite a few emails from people asking for my config, in fact, some even ask for the entire samurize folder. To be honest, it isn't that hard to do, all the scripts can be had in the samurize website and on this thread, just a few hours work moving it around really.

Associate
the new script works now, cheers, but the current weather icon is still nada, nothing.

Remember that the current conditions icon can often be 'blank' because the Met Office only takes weather observations at certain times/locations. If the current conditions is descibed as 'N/A' on the BBC weather page for your location then the weather icon will just be a blank grey square.

Not much I can do about it I'm afraid....

Back
Top Bottom