Longest Tunnel in the World

Associate
Natural persons (employees) pay taxes at their place of residence. Federal tax varies by income, while cantonal and communal tax rates vary by place of residence, income and size of assets. Taxation is progressive, whereby the maximum rate takes effect only at very high income levels.

Federal income tax (maximum rate) 11.5%

Cantonal and communal income taxes (examples)

Taxable income of CHF 50'000 5-10%
Taxable income of CHF 500'000 10-25%

Cantonal and communal taxes on assets (examples)

Assets totaling CHF 1'000'000 0.2-0.4%
Maximum rate 0.9%

Church tax (depending on denomination) 0-2.3%

Caporegime
thepharcyde said:
Do you also relish the fact that they also pay more tax than us?

correction, they pay less tax than the UK.
For starters, VAT is 7.6% against the UKs 17.5.
The top tax band is 30% against the UKs 40%, and the margins are set much higher.

Fuel tax is less than half the UKs. Alcohol and fag tax both less.
And there are no stealth taxes either, don't forget the council taxes in the UK and utility taxes, etc.

EDIT: and you also get a lot of your tax and money back again. I ean, I get 5.5K CHF (2600GBP) for simply living in the country. If I marry and have children I barely need to work. And 3 cows gets the same pay out as 1 child....

The other nice thing about switzerland is that I get paid far far higher than anywhere in the UK (literly twice the pay), and my accomodation cost is half that of when I lived in Edinburgh.

Last edited:
Soldato
D.P. said:
correction, they pay less tax than the UK.
For starters, VAT is 7.6% against the UKs 17.5.
The top tax band is 30% against the UKs 40%, and the margins are set much higher.

Fuel tax is less than half the UKs. Alcohol and fag tax both less.
And there are no stealth taxes either, don't forget the council taxes in the UK and utility taxes, etc.

EDIT: and you also get a lot of your tax and money back again. I ean, I get 5.5K CHF (2600GBP) for simply living in the country. If I marry and have children I barely need to work. And 3 cows gets the same pay out as 1 child....

The other nice thing about switzerland is that I get paid far far higher than anywhere in the UK (literly twice the pay), and my accomodation cost is half that of when I lived in Edinburgh.

can i have a job? ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom