Iran captures British Sailors

Permabanned
zain said:
Kerrang or Galaxy Radio.

No; cloth and feed the prisoner and treat them well. Examples I previously showed include Yvonne Ridley (thanks to the poster) and the current prisoners. Compare this with Guantanamo Bay, I am sure there are somethings that could be learnt.

what you see on tv and what is happening could be very different, but of course you would know that. or do you believe all you see on Tv?

Permabanned
Raz said:
Thanks, I've been reading his posts for a number of years. He has ideals for a better world, where Justice actually means Justice, and is not something to be abused by those who have power. He at least believes and hopes for a better world, unlike many posters here who are simply short sighted and can only see hypocrisy by others.

i was talkig in realation to this thread, i consider most of it drivel and at worst appeasement to Islamic facsism.

Associate
Why did the Russian stop a tougher statement by the UN?

This is quite a bad situation for the UK. Iran have nothing to lose, while UK has their reputation to consider. Already we've gone crying to the UN and got nothing. There would be no Iran by today if it were US personnel captured :rolleyes: .

Though it could still be considered early days. This second letter shows that she is being forced without doubt. Even if the muslims here thought otherwise, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Permabanned
russia / china/ india have trillons invested in iran they aren't going to come out with a strong statement as it could end up giving green light for force.

Associate
porkrind said:
russia / china/ india have trillons invested in iran they aren't going to come out with a strong statement as it could end up giving green light for force.

Yeah, it was a bit of a rhetorical question but thanks anyway :)

The world we live in.. eh? :confused:

-

I don't quite understand why UK asked USA to keep out of this, seeing as how we are completely incapable of demanding with strength. Especially now that the UN did not help.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yet more evidence of how useless the UN is and we cannot expect any help from the spinless surrender monkeys on the continent. :rolleyes:

Unilateral (unless our bestest mates across the pond help) military action is becoming our only choice. :(

Man of Honour
Here are our first targets:

Bandar Abbas - their main military port
Abu Musa Island - their special weapons facility
The Revolutionary Guard HQ in Tehran
Their nuclear research centres

A few dozen cruise missiles and we effetively cripple their military capability and destabilise Ole Dinner Jacket. Stop ******* around and show these animals that we are not to be messed with.

Last edited:
Soldato
AJUK said:

A few dozen cruise missiles and we effetively cripple their military capability and destabilise Ole Dinner Jacket. Stop ******* around and show these animals that we are not to be messed with.

Totally agree

Soldato
How on earth does Iran think it can get anything positive out of the situation, its just pitting the entire world against it even more than it was with just the nuclear issue.. Are they utterly brainless or are they literally doing everything within their power to ensure they get leathered?

Trouble is, Iran has been all mouth and no trousers many times in the past, but how can people be sure that they'll eventually back down this time.. They do have quite a lot to lose now, would they be seen to hand back the 15 sailors and lose all of their pride.... Taking into account the current situation.

Associate
V-Spec said:
How on earth does Iran think it can get anything positive out of the situation.

I think based on events overnight they have actually the better hand now.

Despite their pathetic attempts at propaganda (fake letters etc, does Comical Ali work for them now?).

The UK has tried everything and Iran has told us to get lost, so we go to the UN and Russia/China/India effectively side with Iran due to business interests.

Now Iran say they want a forum to discuss the international waters to "stop silly UK making yet another mistake". But they aren't demanding an apology - so basically we will have to back down, got no support from the UN and now look like we'll be tought about international relations in this new forum.

This letter overnight sent by Iran could turn out to be a diplomatic master stroke by them - they know now the UN is on their side we have nowhere to go, we are definitely on the back foot.

Our only options now are either we accept the forum offered by Iran and back down or we bring the US into the equation.

At the end of the day if we accept the forum we will have lost face in this, despite many commentators saying this is a good way out for both sides.

Underlines the UN as ineffective at doing anything - they couldn't even agree if the incident happened in Iraqi/Iranian waters. The floor of the UN council chamber must be knee deep in egg shells - there is a difference between diplomacy and inactivity.

Permabanned
AJUK said:

Would that get our soldiers back? Or would it get them a quick trip to the gallows?

Man of Honour
Visage said:
Would that get our soldiers back? Or would it get them a quick trip to the gallows?
I think we have to start getting real. It is becoming more unlikely that we will get them back. However, I hope I am very wrong. :(

Permabanned
It makes a mockery of us making the female soldier write a letter saying "Plz Blair get out of *** iraq, kthnxbi"

Why do they care what happens in Iraq what happened to the Gulf Conflict?

Associate
AJUK said:
I think we have to start getting real. It is becoming more unlikely that we will get them back. However, I hope I am very wrong. :(

I think we're more likely to get them back now - Iran has won, they have offered an international forum on the territory issue, the UK has exhausted its options and will be forced to take it. Iran has no desire to harm the sailors as it would weaken their position, they have the upper hand now and it's our move.

Permabanned
awaybreaktoday said:
It should unless they want their nulcear power blown to bits and their ability to refine oil to be destroyed.

Right - so we destroy their power plants and their only real source of income, and so they give the sailors back as a way of thanking us?

Back
Top Bottom