Official Glastonbury Thread: 2007

Soldato
we'd got our E-Mails by the timeI got back in from kiteboarding at 4ish. The mythical OcUK meet has been sugested every year but I doubt it'll happen.

I think the on line ticket thing works as well as it can do. you just need to have plenty of browsers open and keep trying. The logistics to see 140000 tickets in 2 hours is just silly. They are going through at nearly 20 transactions a second, the servers didn't go down and once you were through the process was fast and easy.

I think the pre reg system seemed to work OK, it means you have much less to type into the forms to buy your tickets.

See you all there, this will be my 4th glastonbury in a row :D

Associate
Me neither. Its next to impossible that their system would just lose random orders though - so I wouldn't worry about it.

Soldato
alexthecheese said:
the scandal where people could get on and then repeatedly buy tickets was a bit cheeky to say the least!!

I think lucky rather than cheeky :D

I think i put through about 75% of the tickets for our group this year (about 30 people). Oddly enough i was the lucky one of the group in 2005 & put through most of the orders that year too. It's about the only luck i get though! :p

Associate
I wouldn't worry guys. The majority of people that bought Reading Festival tickets from See Tickets (19th March) still have not recieved their emails.

See have "issues" with their email system to say the least. If you just want to check give them a ring.

Their cheap number that they dont like to advertise is : 01159129240

They'll tell you all the orders you have and confirm it. You can also ask for your reference number and a replacement email.

Though often the replacement email never arrives, but go to their order checker and put in the reference number and you should get an email within a few minutes then.

Hope that helps someone anyway, i know how you all felt when i didnt recieve any emails. Theres always that niggling doubt until you find out for certain.

Associate
A pleasant interlude whilst everyone is waiting for their payments to go through; from their myspace page;

In other news - Pendulum will also be headlining the dance tent with their live band at this year’s Glastonbury Festival. It will be one of the only events the band will play before the new album's release (expected Q3 2007).

Should be good :)

Back
Top Bottom