Louis Theroux

Soldato
Tax Evader said:
He's great! Tonights episode should be 'interesting'!
My favourites are the episodes with Jimmy Saville and the UFO one - with Thor Templar, Lord Commander, Earth Protectorate, North American Division

Next.

Likewise, he makes conversation others possibly couldn't great guy imo

Soldato
iCraig said:
"If a boy gets run over in the street and dies, I rejoice at God's wrath. I rejoice at every righteous decision God makes."

That guy was being rebellious in the face of Loius questioning him - all the evil in the world is technichally the fault of man + the devil (according to modern Christina thought)

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
I didn't really understand some of it.
Like they said when bad stuff happened it was because god wanted them to pay?
So if someone killed every single person except fred, would he say 'welp, god wanted that, they must have been fag enablers' ?
It seemed pretty ridiculous.

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
That guy was being rebellious in the face of Loius questioning him - all the evil in the world is technichally the fault of man + the devil (according to modern Christina thought)

<3 the problem of evil wrt to 'God is an omniscient, omnipotent and all-loving being'.

Wait...Evil exists...So either God isn't all-powerful (and therefore does not exist), isn't all-knowing (and therefore does not exist) or isn't all-loving (and therefore doesn't exist...)

I love speaking to uberfundamentalists...

"God hates fags!"

"Then why are lesbians portrayed so positively in the bible...? Come to think of it, why are homosexual eunuchs portrayed positively too?"

*n

Permabanned
dbappa said:
Are they? :o - not too clued up on the bible

Neither are they. Fred Phelps kept dodging questions from Louis because he knew the answer completely undermined his teachings. Lovely man. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/noise/?id=louis_theroux

I was peeing myself laughing at how the kids had no idea what the signs even meant, yet they were made to hold them up. Mother dear was desperately trying to put words in the kids' mouths so it looked like even the children were enlightened. :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Killa_ken said:

The mental God Squad said:
Sweden: a land of sodomy, bestiality & incest
THANK GOD FOR ALL DEAD SWEDES!!!
Unconfirmed numbers of Swedes are dead as a result of the tsunamis which ravaged Thailand and the other lush resorts of that region, and thousands more are unaccounted for, either still rotting in the tropical conditions or buried, as they deserve, as asses in mass graves (see Jeremiah 22:19). Scarcely a family in Sweden has been untouched by the devastation. Bible preachers say, THANK GOD for it all!

Who votes for bundling this family off to Sweden to meet the people they love so much?

Associate
I vote we send someone over there to kill their Pastor. Then when he's dead, rejoice, afterall it's god's will.

Then when he's dead picket his funeral, he must have been a fag enabler.

Permabanned
Boscher said:
I vote we send someone over there to kill their Pastor. Then when he's dead, rejoice, afterall it's god's will.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them get killed one day. I just hope the kids aren't there when someone finally has enough and guns them down in a drive-by.

They picket all these funerals, somebody involved is bound to turn around one day and come over and shoot them.

Associate
iCraig said:
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them get killed one day. I just hope the kids aren't there when someone finally has enough and guns them down in a drive-by.

They picket all these funerals, somebody involved is bound to turn around one day and come over and shoot them.
Agreed, they should think themselves lucky that they live in a country with free speech where they can voice their opinions.
In some countries in the world they would've been done away with long ago...

Soldato
iCraig said:

Obviously I didn't get to see it, but ive heard quite a bit about them and they've been on Fox for boycotting a soldiers funeral. Its disrespectful and out right rude to picket someones funeral who has died fighting for their country.

If one of them picketed one of my family funeral i would give all of them a seeing too.

Associate
I thought this was a very entertaining programme. I have done a little reading and came across this:

Legitimacy

Because his activism has provoked opposition, some have speculated that Phelps might be an elaborate prankster or agent provocateur. Such speculation has come from conservatives who believe he is consciously trying to discredit social conservatives, and "some among the extreme-right have speculated that Phelps is a plant aimed at giving the anti-gay movement a bad name". Author Keith R. Wood suggested in a 2004 column that Phelps' protests "are most likley (sic) being funded by NAMBLA" and are designed "to draw unfavorable attention toward Christians as a whole, make [them] afraid to speak about morality, and make [them] all seem like idiots."

Phelps' estranged son Mark has said Phelps "simply wants to hate and to have a forum for his hate. . . . If it weren't the homosexuals, it would be something else."

Im not sure what drives this man, but I do think its disturbing that they are forcing children into the pickets - of which they do not understand the meaning.

Man of Honour
I liked what I watched of this show, but then again, Fred Phelps is one of the people on my religious lunatic list (alongside people like abu hamza and richard dawkins), so I enjoyed watching Louis asking the questions :)

Fundamentalists (of any kind) for the lose.

Back
Top Bottom