• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Soldato
Gashman said:
well remember when everyone was SHOCKED by the power consumption figures of the 8800GTS and GTX, i have GTS comfortably running on a 520W PSU, so nothing a normal PSU can't handle

well the are around the same amount of power consumption as the x1900xtx so.....

Soldato
FirebarUK said:
BS back in your FACE shocky-FM. :D

Unfortunately the world is full of people that don't look before they leap.

After playing SC, I'd say it relies quite a bit on both the GPU and CPU/RAM, but it relies on the Latter a hell of a lot more.

Although in the later levels. You can definately see the GPU going to work too.

GPU = Pretty Visuals

CPU/RAM = AI/Physics/Stats/Realistic Tragectories.

CPU/RAM definately has it's work cut out for it in this game.

my Brother has been playing the game on an X800, with a Conroe and 2gb DDR2 RAM, And he's noticed no slow down yet.

So consider that :p

---

I'm guessing with the release of these R600's not being until the end of the month, There are no offical stats? or prices yet then?

Soldato
Gashman said:
they said 240W or something, which isn't THAT bad really, so no 'power stations', not even remotely within a billion miles of close :rolleyes:
But the 8800gtx is only meant to peak at 180watts...

So 240watts for the r600 sounds very high..

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
8800's wont come down in price, Gibbo has already said Nvidia only make the cards to order. :)

iv heard this before from gibbo and the next thing you know, there are price drops. its best to play the waiting game till the end of april at the least.

Associate
megatron said:
If someone needs a reason to get an R600 even though it might not raise the performance bar much, here it is (pay attention to the question posted on the 2nd page by me :)):
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=38464

Driver support is great but it's not the only thing about a card. I'm hardly going to pay 500 quid for a card just because it's better supported and 15% faster than a card which costs £250...I doubt I am alone in this.

Soldato
Lots of people are buying Vista (me being NOT one of them and I dont intend to warez it either), and Nvidia has been severely criticised for their lack of working Vista drivers. Put these 2 facts together and ATI's monthly release schedule and it makes ATI look like a company more interested in keeping customers happy.

ATI takes a while to get hardware out the door but their driver support is exemplary in absolute contrast to Nvidia, and just look at the empty promises.

LOL Nvidia declared they were going to copy ATI's monthly schedule and then failed to deliver. All those who believe Nvidia is beyond reproach wake up.

Last edited:
Soldato
megatron said:
If someone needs a reason to get an R600 even though it might not raise the performance bar much, here it is (pay attention to the question posted on the 2nd page by me :)):
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=38464
LMAO AHAHA. :D
icon14.gif

Associate
megatron said:
Lots of people are buying Vista (me being NOT one of them and I dont intend to warez it either), and Nvidia has been severely criticised for their lack of working Vista drivers. Put these 2 facts together and ATI's monthly release schedule and it makes ATI look like a company more interested in keeping customers happy.

ATI takes a while to get hardware out the door but their driver support is exemplary.

I don't disagree with any of that but you're forgetting that support isn't the only thing people care about when buying hardware.

Personally, I welcome proper competition from ATI because it helps to keep Nvidia on their toes, which is better for consumers than a monopoly. That said, I don't think this "lack of working Vista drivers" will stay that way for long; I'm waiting for C2D price drops and these cards to push prices on other cards down so I can buy a DX10 system which will run Crysis and other next generation games on top settings. If ATI bring out some good £200-250 cards as part of their mid-range lot that outperform the 8800GTS then I'll buy that. If they don't, I'm not going to spend £400 buying a card that's 15% faster than a GTS just because at this moment in time they have better drivers.

Caporegime
Ulfhedjinn said:
LMAO AHAHA. :D
icon14.gif

Agreed ******* hilarious, 1 set in January next in April, and still complete crap, yes thats monthly, absolutely no hope of getting any drivers out as the stupid ******* ***** can't even count LMFAO!!!!!, all we need to know now is what year. :D :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom