• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Soldato
I would test Oblivion on that card really, It pulls FPS right down because its so demanding. My GTS and others suffer, I wonder if the R600 does - if you can get a copy Gibbo would definately be worth testing.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Wheras 3D Mark 2005/2006 are quite a bit slower under Vista.
You using the 101.70s under Vista? With these I'm getting slightly higher figures than with the 97.72s under XP (Opty 165 @ 2.8Ghz, 8800GTS @ 640/2000)

Soldato
Ulfhedjinn said:
It's sadder that Oblivion runs better on my 8800GTS than S.T.A.L.K.E.R. does, at least Oblivion looks good. :(

Agreed. a lot of it comes down to how well they're designed and coded.

With tight budgets and deadlines its becomming very common. Some of the biggest games were quite buggy on release - FEAR, Farcry, Halflife2, Dark Messiah to name but a few.

And lets face it, we're a largely tolerent consumer group - we're going out and buying badly coded games!

In STALKER's case I think it didn't help that its been flung around differnet development teams and has had parts of its original design cropped.

Associate
FirebarUK said:
I never found HL2 to be buggy :confused:

It was at the beginning - it used to have problems with stuttering that were solved with a patch after a month or so. I think it was down to some sort of prefetching - a bit like one of the reported probs with Stalker. I've disabled prefetching in Stalker, which means quicker load times, and no crashes so far (on 101.70 in Vista).

Associate
Gibbo said:
Upto now I've built the system and am using a BFG 8800 GTX OC. At the moment its scoring:-
3D Mark 2005 - 17,250 (Windows XP)
3D Mark 2006 - 11,950 (Windows XP)

HOLD ON! What system and can I buy it from you? Nearly 12k 06 Marks...YES PLEASE !! :D

Soldato
ArmA at high res with full view distance and all settings to max, 16xAA/AF. I doubt quad SLI would be able to hit 30fps on that.

what about call of duty 2
that game pushes graphics a lot and looks good compared to todays games
That doesnt push a 8800gtx

Back
Top Bottom