spec check please

Associate
hi all - im thinking of ordering the following kit to build a semi-gaming machine to keep at my parents house it will be used day to day for apps like photoshop etc but maybe once or twice a week for gaming so i cant justify a huge spend on it. I'm just looking for a final spec check on compatability with parts before i order or if you can suggest any better(cheaper and do the same thing parts ;)) then please do and say why.
If i order tommorow it should arrive on Fri the 13th spooky eh?! :p

So yeah anyway here goes..

Asus P5N-E SLi Nforce 650
Intel Core2Duo E6300
Noctua NH-U12F CPU cooler
OCZ 2GB 6400 Plat series RAM
BFG 7950 GT OC 512MB
Hitachi Deskstar 320GB SataII
Corsair HX 520W ATX2.2 Modular supply
Antec Nine Hundred Gaming case to put it all into
and last but not least...
Samsung SM-206BW 20" Wide LCD monitor to watch the pretty graphics on

Sub Total: £778.91
Shipping: £14.95
VAT: £138.93
TOTAL: £932.

I need everything ive put in the above spec really just not sure about compatability - i've got an old XP licence that i can use no problem and no need for vista here it will only confuse the oldies ;) lol.

Thanks for reading.

Reg.

Associate
OP
been reading in the overclocking section and apparently my cooler choice may be a bit flawed
according to
14411.png

thermalright ultra 120 is on top of the board have any here had experience of it? is it worth getting this cooler instead and will it fit inside the case?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
I'd ditch the Antec 900 case. It's not as good as some of its similarly priced competitors, is not that cool, is not conducive to cable-tidying, etc. I'd take a Lian-Li PC-7 over it any day of the week. The PC-7 is cheaper too.

Also, why bother with the 7900 series card? For 53 quid more you can get an 8800GTS which will mop the floor with the older card. It'll be more future-proof to boot.

Associate
OP
Valid points taken under advisement :) ill have a think and maybe a shuffle about of parts. cheers. Do you have any thoughts on the cooling? i dont know much about the Noctua only that its had some rave reviews and lots of people are getting it in there specs lately.

Soldato
Have a read of my review in my sig. The Noctua is a superb cooler, I'm currently sitting at 35C with my E6600 clocked at 3GHz and the fan is on low. Under load it goes up to 44/45C!

Back
Top Bottom