Titan Amanda TTC-NP04TZ TEC & Heatpipe Cooling Fan

Soldato
I'm getting one today so can confirm in the next day or so. But it is my understanding that the pci card is needed to power the TEC portion of the cooler.

Without it installed i would imagine it would just act like a mid-range bog-standard air cooler. Possibly even worse as the TEC may actually be insulating it a little!

Get it plugged in fully and report back. :)

gt

Associate
AFAIK, if it's like other TEC coolers, it will need the power, otherwise it is just acting as a normal heatsink. Someone who has one though should confirm that to make sure I'm not just making that up. :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
from what ive found out, is that it is essential to have the pci card installed as well..

the only annoying thing is that i havent got a spare pci slot...

only a pci-e

does ne 1 know if either:

1) where i can find a cheap pci-e to pci converter

or

2) if titan provide a pci-e card instead of the pci version?

Associate
OP
currently got 2 8800gtx cards

also just found this:
PCI Express to PCI Converter
Price: €65.00
Features :

Convert a PCI-E 1x slot to a 32bit 33Mhz PCI slot.
Works with almost all PCI cards (normal PCI or Low Profile PCI).
You just need to remove the original bracket of your PCI card by just unscrewing the card from its metal bracket.

Requirements :

- Available PCI-E 1x slot.

Soldato
If you can cope with on board sound then i'd dispense with the soundcard and get the cooler working.

With two GTX's you're hardly going to be worrying about improving game fps' with a sound card. Either remove that or downgrade to a single GTX if you can to free up that second slot.

What monitor do you have it on? You'd only need 2 GTX's with a 30inch tft monitor or high resolution CRT.

Anything smaller would be wasted on 2 GTX's.

gt

Soldato
Ice Tea said:
Wonder why Titan chose to use a PCI slot .
Maybe they thought it was a nice tidy solution. Better than a coiled bundle of cabling connected to a control box and molex. Suppose it could have ended up looking like the kit you have to hide when installing cold cathodes!

They didn't think about high end users who had every slot filled or obscured though! :rolleyes:

gt

Associate
The Ultra ChillTEC comes with a front control bay and doesn't need a PCI slot. I'm in the same predicament with my twin gfx and x-fi taking up the room. From the reviews, the ChillTEC humps the Amanda anyway. Gotta order from somewhere in the USA but isn't too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom