• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 8600 GTS arrived at OcUK Today!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We have the following new product available:-

Asus GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
GX-126-AS_400.jpg

Now the award-winning NVIDIA® GeForce® 8 Series architecture extends to the Asus GeForce® 8600 GTS graphics card. Offering unparalleled levels of graphics realism and performance for Microsoft DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 games for the price point, the Asus GeForce® 8600 GTS graphics card also includes the groundbreaking 2nd generation PureVideo HD™ processor and full support for Microsoft® Windows® Vista™.

- GeForce 8600 GTS core running at 675MHz
- 256MB GDDR3 Memory running at 2000MHz
- Shader Model 4.0
- Memory Bandwidth: 32GB/s
- Designed For Extreme HD Gaming
- Nvidia Pure Video Technology
- Dedicated Video processors free the GPU Shaders to run 3D applications
- Dual dual-link DVI supports two 2560 x 1600 resolution displays
- HDCP Enabled!!
- SLI ready – Upto 2x the performance of a single GPU (Available on with future driver release)
- True High Dynamic Range Rendering Support – Based on Open EXR technology
- World's first unified architecture supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
- Built for Microsoft® Windows® Vista™

£134.99+VAT (£158.61 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

This is a new product thats arrived in the OcUK warehouse today, we don't have a clue about this product due to no communication from NVIDIA but from the specification it looks a damn good card. :)

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
This is a new product thats arrived in the OcUK warehouse today, we don't have a clue about this product due to no communication from NVIDIA but from the specification it looks a damn good card. :)

It isn't x1950pro whoops it. :D

Cool, its got a Stalker HSF. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
where's the agp one? :confused:

also how mnay streme processors on that? is it the 48 or 64?

Hi m8

Well unsure about an AGP one, maybe NVIDIA will let us know information on that but at the moment they seem very poor communication wise these days.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi m8

Is it really crap? X1950 Pro really better? If so this card may have sale problems then?

The very fact it has S.T.A.L.K.E.R Logo printed on the card made me chuckle, that card dosnt have a cats chance in hell of running it well. :D , buy the card if you want to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R in all its DX8 glory with no eye candy :o

Soldato
Will this even run anything DX10 lol? Aint the price too steap too since 8800GTS 320mb is like £20 more? It wouldent surprise me if it does have sales problems :eek:

Its going to be the FX5200 of DX10 lol were the 8800GTX will be an FX5900, god help people buying 8300 series :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, like I said it could have been a good card. Shame about the price.

Needs to be a lot less (around the £90-100 mark) for it to be worth while, will still sell though because it is DX10.

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Hi m8

Is it really crap? X1950 Pro really better? If so this card may have sale problems then?

Gibbo it's about 1/2 the speed of the 320MB 8800 GTS yet only £20-£30 cheaper... you do the maths. The 8800 GTS is simply too much of a good buy for the 8600GT to ever succeed at this pricepoint. With its performance taken into account it needs to sell at ~£50 less to be viable imo. Don't order too many. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Raikiri said:
Wow, like I said it could have been a good card. Shame about the price.

Needs to be a lot less (around the £90-100 mark) for it to be worth while, will still sell though because it is DX10.
Definitely. I understand it's a brand new product but Nvidia really should've tried to price it better, because £160 inc. is really daft for a card that is supposedly surpassed not only by the X1950Pro but also the 7900GT. :(

When I had my X1900XT, I was looking forward to the 8600GTS as a possible upgrade.

Obviously would've been a bad one with the 8800GTS on the market.

Soldato
well in benchmarks my 7800gtx scored more in the HDR 3dmark06 test, but 100 points less on the other one.

but yet again my 7800gtx is clocked a lot compaired to stock 7800gtx.

but like posted above 8800gts is only a bit more and you get a lot more performance.

i dont see the 8600 really doing a lot in my oppinion :cool:

Back
Top Bottom