HELP..!! Please....

Soldato
Something has gone drastically wrong in my comp...

I'd just re-installed Windows and it was on the usual restart bit, after the mammoth amount of updates I had to do. Upon the restart it refused to boot, so I powered down and back-up, it booted fine except I had no networking available to me and after about 5 mins, then locked up.

So I powered down again, opened it to check the connections to the motherboard, PSU and HDD etc all looked ok. Put the side back on and thats it. Now it won't even turn on.

With power connected the Mobo power LED is on, could this mean a PSU prob, maybe a rail or likely a borked mobo.

APologies for the long post, any help greatly appreciated..!!

Associate
Id check around the side of the case where the side fits onto it. Some cases have tiny micro switches that turn the computer off and wont let it boot unless the side of the case is fitted. It may just be that the side isnt on right (closing the switch and therefore allowing the machine to boot)

On my motherboard i simply fitted a jumper across the two pins to bypass the panel intrusion microswitch.

Soldato
OP
I've checked, and I don't think there's any switches or anything knocking about. Its only a £40 coolermaster, bought from this very site a while back. Something tells me that its either the Mobo or PSU.

It was wierd that I had no networking available to me just before its death and maybe that was a sign of it about to fail. Just wondered if anyone had anything similar happen to them.

Back
Top Bottom