Car clean + new tyres

Permabanned
Tom|Nbk said:
Few more pix, tell me if you guys are still noticing this. It could have just been the lighting/reflections.

No its fine and as I thought the first pic was clearly a reflection. That large tree in the last picture confirms my suspicion as to why it appears off colour.

In foxs favour though, as you look at the front the passenger headlight does seem to have a slightly larger gap below the light than the drivers side but you can tell more easily with the little finger test.

Caporegime
looks like reflection, the light to me. :)

The first pic looks like a smoky/yellowy tinge, but the 3rd shot of right up against the wheel its fine, so reflections etc...

Its only that first pic where it looks diff, the rest are fine.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Homeslice said:
No its fine and as I thought the first pic was clearly a reflection

Look harder - the reflection is there but some of it ends whilst still on the bumper yet the difference in shade still exists.

You can see it slightly in the new pictures as well.

Silver always is a pain to match - my Mondeo front bumper didnt quite match the wing, either.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
Look harder - the reflection is there but some of it ends whilst still on the bumper yet the difference in shade still exists.

You can see it slightly in the new pictures as well.

Silver always is a pain to match - my Mondeo front bumper didnt quite match the wing, either.

I see it but I'm confident its a good match. In the first pic you can see the tree in the wing and at the start where it meets the bumper.

Where the black bump strip starts and ends (starting from the bumper edge) is another reflection of a solid object, either a car or wall / building, cant work out which.

Soldato
OP
As for the headlight gap yes i have noticed it so very sligtly how this could be improved im not so sure perhaps just lowering the headlights not sure how complicated it is, also when my left rear wing was sprayed, I noticed a slight colour difference in my petrol cover, and paint spray as if they hadnt covered it up properly so there is some silver paint spray in the petrol cap area, I want this sorted. So will have a word, as for the bumpers im confident there as close a match as they will ever get.

Associate
Can I ask how much insurance was on set vehicle, it would be most kind if you could let me know? thanx

Btw car is really shiny ;)

Soldato
OP
ardy89 said:
Can I ask how much insurance was on set vehicle, it would be most kind if you could let me know? thanx

Btw car is really shiny ;)

He Ardy, thanks!, as for insurance, It was £1500, I'm 17, Fully Comp own policy with Direct Line.

Associate
Tom|Nbk said:
He Ardy, thanks!, as for insurance, It was £1500, I'm 17, Fully Comp own policy with Direct Line.

Wow, is all i'll say to that that is a great deal did u ring them up and organise insurance? I did a quote throuh confused using you car, myself fully comp, with 1 years named no claims and the cheapest was £2500!!!!

How on earth did u get it so cheap?

Soldato
Conscript said:
These pics remind me, I really must get some standard 15" alloys for my old Focus. Gonna have to have a mosey round on the Bay.
Do you think they would suit my Mondeo?

I have just spent out on a new set of 15" tyres but the tyre place buggered up the wheel trims (impossible to prove so I never bothered). Set of Ford wheel trims is working out the same as a 2nd hand set of alloys. I don't like aftermarket wheel trims.

Soldato
OP
ardy89 said:
Wow, is all i'll say to that that is a great deal did u ring them up and organise insurance? I did a quote throuh confused using you car, myself fully comp, with 1 years named no claims and the cheapest was £2500!!!!

How on earth did u get it so cheap?

I had a one years NCB with my moped which they accepted which took my claim down from 2000, the rest is down to your location etc. I rang up. Don't go through Confused or quote online, ring up and barter a deal. You WILL be able to get the Foci on the cheap for insurance. Providing you don't live in the Bronx :D

Soldato
Tesla, the wheels Tom has are the standard alloys for the Mk1 Focus and Fiesta (Albeit they are smaller 14" on the Fez), but I think the Mondeo standard alloys are different. Fox, can you be of any help on this one? I know little about all the different Ford styles.

Soldato
OP
Tesla said:
Do you think they would suit my Mondeo?

I have just spent out on a new set of 15" tyres but the tyre place buggered up the wheel trims (impossible to prove so I never bothered). Set of Ford wheel trims is working out the same as a 2nd hand set of alloys. I don't like aftermarket wheel trims.

I've seen these alloys on a mondeo before and they looked fine. I LOVE these stock alloys, im glad there so cheap to pick up just incase i do ever need a new set :D

Associate
Tom|Nbk said:
I had a one years NCB with my moped which they accepted which took my claim down from 2000, the rest is down to your location etc. I rang up. Don't go through Confused or quote online, ring up and barter a deal. You WILL be able to get the Foci on the cheap for insurance. Providing you don't live in the Bronx :D

In Hull mate so its not QUITE the bronx but I'm sure its quite low in the list of worst places to insure car, if ya get me, you think named no claims make any difference? coz in novemeber when I change car thats all i'll have?

What Claybar did you use on your car and were did u purchase it from, I'd like to clay mine?

Soldato
Buy Meguiars tyre shine, make them real shiny like this

I don't know what other people think to shiny tyres, but I never think my car is quite finished off unless the tyres sparkle

./nerd

Back
Top Bottom