The Internet, How does Europe connect to USA???

Caporegime
DAVEM said:
Cable

cable-capacity.jpg
Man we're connected by liquorice laces?! :eek:

Soldato
SK07 said:
the UK cable which leads undersea over to France, France then has one going to the USA.

I'm pretty sure we have some transatlantic cable as well...I saw one when I was doing work experience in Goonhilly, cornwall (very near the aforementioned Porthcurno) but that was a few years ago. However I'm sure there are still plenty of cables coming out of the UK, US-bound.

Soldato
SK07 said:
^In China recently the cables snapped, due to the fact they are not as developed as us they are still relying on these cables for everything really. They snapped due to an earthquake.

I'm pretty sure if the cables were broken between the US and the UK it would significantly affect the internet much the same as it did China. China as a country is certainly not a developed as the UK on average, but their technology is just as good if not better then ours.

Soldato
yak.h'cir said:
I'm pretty sure if the cables were broken between the US and the UK it would significantly affect the internet much the same as it did China. China as a country is certainly not a developed as the UK on average, but their technology is just as good if not better then ours.

I doubt it very much - The Uk has many connections to the US and Mainland Europe - one cable breaking would in no way have the same impact as it did in China. I am sure one day they will be as well connected and far better, but as yet it seems they arent.

Back
Top Bottom